Carrollton Police Investigate Deadly Accident Involving Rhyan Pilgrim
CARROLLTON, Ga. - A teenager was hit and killed by a truck while he waited to cross a busy Carrollton road Saturday afternoon.
Carrollton police told FOX 5 News Rhyan Pilgrim, 18, was standing in a grassy area with a 16-year-old friend, waiting for the light to change so they could walk across Bankhead Highway at Somerset Place.
As the pair stood at the intersection, police said the teenage driver of a Jeep failed to yield to an oncoming truck, causing a minor collision. But in trying to avoid the Jeep, the driver of the truck swerved off the road hitting Pilgrim and his friend.
Police said Pilgrim was a student at Carrollton High School.
The 16-year-old victim was taken to Atlanta Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
Police said the driver that caused the accident, 17-year-old Lillian Alvarez, will be charged in the deadly crash. The exact charges will not be determined until investigators can meet with the Carroll County District Attorney's Office Monday.
Investigators said the 18-year-old driver of the truck will likely not be charged.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- Oregon woman has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31