Accused Murderer Dwayne McCloud Caught After Escape
More from News
- Lakeside High School teacher Leah O'Brien on way to prom killed when she was hit by students
- State shuts down The Meliora School for Early Learning Dacula daycare over sex abuse allegations
- Georgia man Christopher Whitmore shoots dead wife and eight-year-old son in gas station forecourt before turning gun on himself
- Cobb County school coach Craig Hines resigns amid hazing allegations
- Teen listening to music hit, killed by train, police say
DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- Police have caught an accused murderer who had escaped from the DeKalb Regional Youth Detention Center.
Authorities said Dwayne McCloud, 16, was missing from the detention center’s head count Saturday at about 5:30 p.m.
Investigators said McCloud was serving time at the detention center after being accused of a murder in the Savannah area, which is where McCloud is from.
McCloud was found in the metro Atlanta area at about 12:30 p.m. Sunday.