Daughter, Boyfriend Arrested After Jonesboro Woman Alena Marble Found Dead In Trunk
More from News
- Parents anger after their child is found screaming in 'body bag' restraint at the dentist office
- Strangers catch Sandy Springs women who jumped from burning building
- Police arrest Greg Haney and Ledarrius Jackson in Shooting death of Applebees Manager
- Fifty teenagers storm Georgia Walmart at 2am causing thousands in damage and assaulting an elderly shopper for FUN
- Storm Rips Through Fayette County Destroying Mobile Home Park
JONESBORO, Ga. -- Police say a woman’s daughter and boyfriend beat her and stuffed her in the back of her car, later to be found dead.
Clayton County police told GA Daily News that Kajul Harvey, 21, and, Latoris Grovner, 20 have been charged in the killing of Alena Marble.
Police said Harvey is Marble’s daughter and Groyner is Harvey’s boyfriend.
Marble’s body was found in the trunk of her car Saturday afternoon.
Police said Marble and Groyner got into a fight and Groyner then assaulted Marble.
Investigators then said Groyner wrapped Marble’s body in a blanket and put her in the trunk her car.
Police said Marble was still alive at that point, but it was unclear if she died from her injuries or from being in the trunk during extreme heat.
Detectives said Harvey was involved in the entire incident and faces the same charges as the boyfriend.
Both were being charged with murder, aggravated assault and tampering with evidence.
Harvey and Groyner were arrested Sunday morning and have been placed in the Clayton County Jail.
Investigators told GA Daily News Groyner had outstanding warrants on unrelated incidents.