Hall County Deputies Fatally Shoot Murder Suspect John Pearce
More from News
- Dashcam video shows plane crashing into I-285 in Atlanta
- East Point man holds suspected carjacker Edgar Horn at gunpoint until police arrive
- Clark Atlanta student Alexis Jones-Rhodes disappears on her way to graduation
- Atlanta passengers escape bus seconds before it gets hit by train
- Mother claims teacher Quinton Wright was fired for letting teens have sex in storage closet
HALL COUNTY, Ga. -- A man believed to be involved in a double stabbing was killed by Hall County sheriff’s deputies Monday night.
Around 8:30 p.m., deputies were called to a Gainesville home in a lakeside community on Sunset Point Drive. The 911 caller said one victim had critical injuries, and another might be dead, Sheriff’s Office Col. Jeff Strickland said.
Upon arrival, two deputies were met by a bloody, “highly agitated” John Pearce, 29, in the street, Strickland said. He said Pearce charged deputies and was shot and killed.
Deputies found Pearce's aunt with stab wounds at a neighbor’s house. Strickland said she fled there to escapen. She was airlifted to an Atlanta hospital with critical injuries. The man's mother was found dead in another neighboring home. Strickland said she had multiple stab wounds and gunshot wounds.
Police later revealed to Channel 2's Erica Byfield that Pearce fired at least 20 shots inside the home, and attempted to start it on fire.
Neighbor Carol Baker told Byfield she and her husband ran to the door when they heard gun shots.
"This gentleman was completely naked he was lunging, like he lunged towards the cops," Baker said. "This is very surreal. Its not something that happens in our neighborhood."
Both deputies were placed on administrative leave while the Sheriff’s Office and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation probe the shooting.