Woman Killed, 2 Hurt in Midtown Atlanta Triple Shooting
More from News
- Shooting in DeKalb County leaves one dead, three wounded
- Macon woman Martha Ard trying to cross street is struck by car, killed
- Court reporters Tammy Stine, Kimberly Probst and Betty Petersen sentenced after manipulating transcripts to make more money
- Atlanta Hawks to help couple Allison and Brandon Murphy who found out their tickets were not valid
- Couple says StubHub canceled $22 Hawks tickets, said they were too cheap
ATLANTA -- Three women were shot in midtown Atlanta around lunchtime Friday, Atlanta police said. They said one person was killed.
The shooting happened on the third level of a parking deck at the Proscenium building at 14th Street and Crescent Avenue.
Channel 2's Richard Elliot reported that police were trying to determine if the shooter was a disgruntled employee or former employee of a business inside the building, and the possibility that the gunman and the woman who was killed are co-workers or an employee and supervisor.
Police told Elliot the gunman may have been waiting for the woman in the garage before he shot her in the neck and killed her. Two women were randomly shot as the gunmen fled the garage, police said. One woman was shot in the ankle and the other was shot in the back.
Officers were still looking for the shooter, who may have fled in a black Toyota Prius, Elliot reported.
Channel 2's Tom Regan spoke to Meredith Smith, who was heading home from work at the Proscenium building when she heard gunshots.
"As the door was closing, I turned around and heard pop pop pop," Smith said.
She and several other women took cover before leaving.
"I came back outside and a lady was lying face down on the concrete. People were rushing towards her. People were screaming," Smith told Regan.