DeKalb County Man Dennis Allaben Sentenced To Life In Prison For Wife's Murder
DECATUR, Ga. - A 47-year-old Georgia man was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after a jury found him guilty of killing his wife in January 2010.
Dennis Allaben was sentenced Thursday by Judge Linda Hunter after he was convicted of malice murder, felony murder and aggravated assault charges.
Prosecutors say he killed his wife Maureen, a former set decorator for "The Mo'Nique Show," and then drove his two young children to Virginia with her body in the bed of their truck. They say he then dropped his children off with relatives and returned to Georgia.
Allaben's attorney argued in court his client had gone unhinged but that he didn't commit murder.
District Attorney Robert James said he hoped Maureen's family and friends "find closure in today's verdict."
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- Photo shows Boston Bomber widow Katherine Russell after her arrest for shoplifting from Old Navy in 2007
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31