U.S. Defense Dept. officer Desi Wade arrested in Atlanta
More from News
- Special ed teacher Kayla Zittrouer, 22, 'sent lewd pictures to and sexually assaulted her 14-year-old student' after just two months in the job
- Police shoot, kill man in Maserati family IDs as 24-year-old Nicholas Thomas
- Atlanta man Torrance Hambrick given life sentence in Atlanta rape, carjacking
- GA Tech student Clark Jacobs falls out of bed, suffers head injury
- Atlanta Water Department workers Charles Edwards and William Spalding accused of theft
ATLANTA -- GA Daily News has learned a U.S. Department of Defense contracting officer was arrested by FBI agents in a bribery sting in Atlanta on Wednesday night.
The suspect is accused of influencing an Afghan-based contractor to make bribery payments to him in return for guarantees of continued work by way of contracts in Afghanistan.
Documents obtained by Channel 2 investigative reporter Mark Winne showed the FBI arrested Desi Wade after he accepted $95,000 in cash in a hotel room in Atlanta. The FBI has recovered the $95,000.
According to the documents, Wade admitted to soliciting and receiving two bribes -- one paid in Afghanistan and the other in Atlanta. The FBI said it worked with the Defense Criminal Investigative Service.