U.S. Defense Dept. officer Desi Wade arrested in Atlanta
ATLANTA -- GA Daily News has learned a U.S. Department of Defense contracting officer was arrested by FBI agents in a bribery sting in Atlanta on Wednesday night.
The suspect is accused of influencing an Afghan-based contractor to make bribery payments to him in return for guarantees of continued work by way of contracts in Afghanistan.
Documents obtained by Channel 2 investigative reporter Mark Winne showed the FBI arrested Desi Wade after he accepted $95,000 in cash in a hotel room in Atlanta. The FBI has recovered the $95,000.
According to the documents, Wade admitted to soliciting and receiving two bribes -- one paid in Afghanistan and the other in Atlanta. The FBI said it worked with the Defense Criminal Investigative Service.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Wife of Indian minister Shashi Tharoor died 'suddenly and unnaturally'
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Oregon woman Joan Zuber has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31