U.S. Defense Dept. officer Desi Wade arrested in Atlanta
More from News
- Former Atlanta Falcons running back Jamal Anderson arrested for DUI
- Smyrna police look for missing 14-year-old girl Lyndsey Bronston
- Former Atlanta cop Maurice Dodd uses police-issued gun to rob bank, shoot himself
- Gwinnett mom Teila Williams arrested after mysterious death of baby, injuries to twin
- DeKalb judge's son Byron Scott charged in assault of mom, daughter
ATLANTA -- GA Daily News has learned a U.S. Department of Defense contracting officer was arrested by FBI agents in a bribery sting in Atlanta on Wednesday night.
The suspect is accused of influencing an Afghan-based contractor to make bribery payments to him in return for guarantees of continued work by way of contracts in Afghanistan.
Documents obtained by Channel 2 investigative reporter Mark Winne showed the FBI arrested Desi Wade after he accepted $95,000 in cash in a hotel room in Atlanta. The FBI has recovered the $95,000.
According to the documents, Wade admitted to soliciting and receiving two bribes -- one paid in Afghanistan and the other in Atlanta. The FBI said it worked with the Defense Criminal Investigative Service.