U.S. Defense Dept. officer Desi Wade arrested in Atlanta
More from News
- Missing Georgia Tech student Kinsey Canova at Grady Hospital
- Police: Naked man Juan Carlos Ramirez arrested for church fire
- Police: Eddie Ball and Ivy Shumake identified as Suspects in DeKalb County officer shooting
- Decatur mom Rockell Coleman charged after 2 sons killed in house fire
- Serial killer Aeman Presley charged with murdering popular hairdresser and two homeless men as they slept
ATLANTA -- GA Daily News has learned a U.S. Department of Defense contracting officer was arrested by FBI agents in a bribery sting in Atlanta on Wednesday night.
The suspect is accused of influencing an Afghan-based contractor to make bribery payments to him in return for guarantees of continued work by way of contracts in Afghanistan.
Documents obtained by Channel 2 investigative reporter Mark Winne showed the FBI arrested Desi Wade after he accepted $95,000 in cash in a hotel room in Atlanta. The FBI has recovered the $95,000.
According to the documents, Wade admitted to soliciting and receiving two bribes -- one paid in Afghanistan and the other in Atlanta. The FBI said it worked with the Defense Criminal Investigative Service.