Atlanta Officials Charge Eight in Suspected Prostitution Ring
Eight people in Atlanta were charged for being involved in a prostitution ring. Court records unsealed this week accuse the suspects of playing a role in an operation that involves at least a dozen prostitutes out of several metro Atlanta homes. Prosecutors say the suspects also employed "housekeepers" to maintain the homes and watch the women.
Authorities say Jose Miguel Almonte, Luz M. Gutierrez and Maria Rodriguez Herrera actively recruited women since November 2010. They say Almonte also transported women from Georgia to Florida and Alabama.
They say Taina Calderon, Saul Morales Villareal, Romualda Resendiz Perez, Epifania Sanchez Delarosa and Oscar Lnu also played parts in the scheme.
The eight suspects have not yet been assigned attorneys and records indicate they have yet to have a court hearing.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- Photo shows Boston Bomber widow Katherine Russell after her arrest for shoplifting from Old Navy in 2007
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31