Rapper Slim Dunkin Killed During Music Video Shoot
More from News
- Civil rights leaders clash with Confederate flag supporters at Georgia 'Heritage or Hate' rally in the shadow of huge sculpture glorifying Civil War leaders
- Teen Greg Horan dies in ropes course accident at adventure park
- Atlanta Hawks player Mike Scott arrested on drug charges
- Norcross murder-suicide victims identified as 49-year-old Glenda Nguyen and and 45-year-old Hoang Nguyen
- Marietta Police dress up as construction workers to catch distracted drivers
Police say the rapper Slim Dunkin has been gunned down in a city music studio as he prepared to record a video.
Investigators said the performer, whose real name is Mario Hamilton, was fatally shot in the chest after he got in an argument with another individual who pulled a handgun.
The victim was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Meadows said police have not been able to identify the shooter. He said investigators have been interviewing witnesses and that 13 to 20 people were in the building at the time of the shooting around 5:30 p.m.
Police have not recovered the handgun that was used.
Meadows said the victim was in his early 20s and resided in the Atlanta area.