Rapper Slim Dunkin Killed During Music Video Shoot
More from News
- Shooting in DeKalb County leaves one dead, three wounded
- Macon woman Martha Ard trying to cross street is struck by car, killed
- Court reporters Tammy Stine, Kimberly Probst and Betty Petersen sentenced after manipulating transcripts to make more money
- Atlanta Hawks to help couple Allison and Brandon Murphy who found out their tickets were not valid
- Couple says StubHub canceled $22 Hawks tickets, said they were too cheap
Police say the rapper Slim Dunkin has been gunned down in a city music studio as he prepared to record a video.
Investigators said the performer, whose real name is Mario Hamilton, was fatally shot in the chest after he got in an argument with another individual who pulled a handgun.
The victim was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Meadows said police have not been able to identify the shooter. He said investigators have been interviewing witnesses and that 13 to 20 people were in the building at the time of the shooting around 5:30 p.m.
Police have not recovered the handgun that was used.
Meadows said the victim was in his early 20s and resided in the Atlanta area.