Rapper Slim Dunkin Killed During Music Video Shoot
More from News
- Police officers stage fake arrest to help mother with misbehaving son
- Police: Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill shoots woman inside model home
- Police say Lilburn man Rupert Clarke shot, killed his wife over money
- Pictured: Teen driver Ramiro Pedemonte who was going 'over 100mph' when he hit and killed teacher on her way to supervise his high school prom
- Atlanta woman who 'opened fire on cops' is shot and killed by officers
Police say the rapper Slim Dunkin has been gunned down in a city music studio as he prepared to record a video.
Investigators said the performer, whose real name is Mario Hamilton, was fatally shot in the chest after he got in an argument with another individual who pulled a handgun.
The victim was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Meadows said police have not been able to identify the shooter. He said investigators have been interviewing witnesses and that 13 to 20 people were in the building at the time of the shooting around 5:30 p.m.
Police have not recovered the handgun that was used.
Meadows said the victim was in his early 20s and resided in the Atlanta area.