Rapper Slim Dunkin Killed During Music Video Shoot
More from News
- Police: Deceased baby had meth in her system, mom Jazmen Hazelrigs arrested
- Sons of Confederate Veterans license plate revealed
- Kelly Gissendaner, last woman on Georgia's death row, executed
- Police investigate homicide of Goodwill employee Pamela Harmon, Suspect Brandon Johnson killed
- Parents forgive son who plotted their death for years
Police say the rapper Slim Dunkin has been gunned down in a city music studio as he prepared to record a video.
Investigators said the performer, whose real name is Mario Hamilton, was fatally shot in the chest after he got in an argument with another individual who pulled a handgun.
The victim was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Meadows said police have not been able to identify the shooter. He said investigators have been interviewing witnesses and that 13 to 20 people were in the building at the time of the shooting around 5:30 p.m.
Police have not recovered the handgun that was used.
Meadows said the victim was in his early 20s and resided in the Atlanta area.