Teen driver killed in three-car accident in Gwinnett
More from News
- Police looking for pregnant, cape-wearing robbery suspect
- Teen sisters Faith English, Kayla English missing from McDonough
- Texas nurse Amber Vinson released from Emory following Ebola treatment
- Investment adviser Aubrey Lee Price sentenced to 30 years in prison
- Atlanta woman Dorothy McGlarthery arrested for stealing federal agent's gun
Gwinnett County Police are looking into whether alcohol played a role in a three-car accident on Saturday night that killed two people, including a 17-year-old driver.
Police said the driver is a student at a local high school but did not release the name.
The accident happened at about 10 p.m. on Webb Gin House Road near Bennett Road.
Police said the 17-year-old driver sideswiped another car, then hit a third car head-on.
A 20-year-old passenger in the teen's car also died.
A third passenger in the car was injured, along with two other people in the other vehicles.
"We're still investigating the cause of the crash," said Corporal Jennifer Roberts. "We're not sure if alcohol was involved or not."
A investigator on the scene told 11Alive News that alcohol was involved.
Fog was also an issue.
"Anytime there are foggy conditions, it's extremely dangerous out here," said Lt. Eric Eberly of the Gwinnett Fire Department. "Our responding units were also stating they were having a hard time seeing because of the fog on the way in."
Neighbors in the area said they have complained about that section of Webb Gin House Road and asked for a stop light at Bennett Road to slow down traffic.