4 people shot outside Jay’s Place Lounge and Sports Bar in Stone Mountain
More from News
- Missing Georgia Tech student Kinsey Canova at Grady Hospital
- Police: Naked man Juan Carlos Ramirez arrested for church fire
- Police: Eddie Ball and Ivy Shumake identified as Suspects in DeKalb County officer shooting
- Decatur mom Rockell Coleman charged after 2 sons killed in house fire
- Serial killer Aeman Presley charged with murdering popular hairdresser and two homeless men as they slept
Four people were shot outside a club in Stone Mountain on Friday night. Police said the shooting stemmed from a dispute over a drink.
“It started because somebody spilled a drink on somebody. That later turned into a fight that turned into a shooting,” DeKalb police Lt. C. Barkett told Channel 2’s Sophia Choi.
Two groups were arguing inside the Jay’s Place Lounge and Sports Bar in the Redan Plaza, DeKalb County police said. After security kicked the groups out, the fight spilled into the parking lot.
Gunfire erupted and two women and two men were shot, police said. Investigators said they were each shot at least once, some of them more than once. The victims were taken to Grady Hospital for treatment.
“When they left here, none were life-threatening, but all were serious,” Barkett said.
Police scoured the parking lot for bullet casings and interviewed witnesses. Officers said they are working good leads. Witnesses told them the shooter took off in a small black car.
“That vehicle came back and as they were leaving the parking lot, they opened fire on the other guys they had the altercations with inside,” Barkett said.