4 people shot outside Jay’s Place Lounge and Sports Bar in Stone Mountain
More from News
- Shooting in DeKalb County leaves one dead, three wounded
- Macon woman Martha Ard trying to cross street is struck by car, killed
- Court reporters Tammy Stine, Kimberly Probst and Betty Petersen sentenced after manipulating transcripts to make more money
- Atlanta Hawks to help couple Allison and Brandon Murphy who found out their tickets were not valid
- Couple says StubHub canceled $22 Hawks tickets, said they were too cheap
Four people were shot outside a club in Stone Mountain on Friday night. Police said the shooting stemmed from a dispute over a drink.
“It started because somebody spilled a drink on somebody. That later turned into a fight that turned into a shooting,” DeKalb police Lt. C. Barkett told Channel 2’s Sophia Choi.
Two groups were arguing inside the Jay’s Place Lounge and Sports Bar in the Redan Plaza, DeKalb County police said. After security kicked the groups out, the fight spilled into the parking lot.
Gunfire erupted and two women and two men were shot, police said. Investigators said they were each shot at least once, some of them more than once. The victims were taken to Grady Hospital for treatment.
“When they left here, none were life-threatening, but all were serious,” Barkett said.
Police scoured the parking lot for bullet casings and interviewed witnesses. Officers said they are working good leads. Witnesses told them the shooter took off in a small black car.
“That vehicle came back and as they were leaving the parking lot, they opened fire on the other guys they had the altercations with inside,” Barkett said.