Cherokee County accident kills Rick Headen and Charlotte Sedtal in head-on collision
More from News
- Teen Greg Horan dies in ropes course accident at adventure park
- Atlanta Hawks player Mike Scott arrested on drug charges
- Norcross murder-suicide victims identified as 49-year-old Glenda Nguyen and and 45-year-old Hoang Nguyen
- Marietta Police dress up as construction workers to catch distracted drivers
- Elderly woman Mildred Martin shot, killed while playing cards on porch
The crash happened shortly affter 11 a.m. Sunday on Knox Bridge Highway near the Canton city limits.
Rick Dean Headen, 48, and Charlotte Ann Sedtal, 40, of Sour Lake, Texas were in a Ford Focus. Their infant son was in the back in a carseat.
According to Cherokee County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Lt. Jay Baker, it appears Headen crossed the center line and struck a red Dodge pickup truck. Headen and Sedtal were killled. Their infant son was found still in his carseat and rushed to the hospital.
The female driver of the pickup truck had possible fractures to her lower body and a female passenger in that same vehicle was complaining of neck and back pain. They were both taken to to Kennestone Hospital in Marietta.
Knox Bridge Highway had to be temporarily closed near Fields Landing Drive until crews could clean up the scene.