Man tried to abduct girl from Bremen Walmart
More from News
- Atlanta mom Raven Taylor led police chase with 13-year-old son in the car
- Alpharetta mom Erica Mondor, high on heroin crashes van, kids in backseat
- Woman shot dead at MARTA bus stop in Lithonia robbery identified as Marcaysia Dawkins
- Body of missing Georgia man Andrew Sprinkle found in NC
- Former Atlanta Falcons running back Jamal Anderson arrested for DUI
Bremen Police have a man in custody after the attempted abduction of a 7-year-old girl at a Walmart.
Brittney Baxter was in the toy aisle at the Walmart on Highway 27 when a man came up behind her and grabbed her, police said. The man put his hand over her mouth, but Brittney kicked, squirmed and made as much noise as possible before the man let go and ran off.
The girl’s mother was not far away at the time of the abduction attempt, police said.
The incident was caught on store surveillance footage.
Police said a description of the man's car led them to a man in Tallapoosa. He is being interviewed by investigators, but no charges have been filed yet.