Man tried to abduct girl from Bremen Walmart
More from News
- $2 million tax fraud scheme tied to Ancestry.com
- Fight leads to fatal shooting of 17-year-old Dalton McCullough in Henry County home
- The Walking Dead Preacher Seth Gilliam arrested for a DUI, possession of marijuana and driving 107 mph in Georgia
- Police officers stage fake arrest to help mother with misbehaving son
- Police: Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill shoots woman inside model home
Bremen Police have a man in custody after the attempted abduction of a 7-year-old girl at a Walmart.
Brittney Baxter was in the toy aisle at the Walmart on Highway 27 when a man came up behind her and grabbed her, police said. The man put his hand over her mouth, but Brittney kicked, squirmed and made as much noise as possible before the man let go and ran off.
The girl’s mother was not far away at the time of the abduction attempt, police said.
The incident was caught on store surveillance footage.
Police said a description of the man's car led them to a man in Tallapoosa. He is being interviewed by investigators, but no charges have been filed yet.