Man tried to abduct girl from Bremen Walmart
More from News
- Missing Georgia Tech student Kinsey Canova at Grady Hospital
- Police: Naked man Juan Carlos Ramirez arrested for church fire
- Police: Eddie Ball and Ivy Shumake identified as Suspects in DeKalb County officer shooting
- Decatur mom Rockell Coleman charged after 2 sons killed in house fire
- Serial killer Aeman Presley charged with murdering popular hairdresser and two homeless men as they slept
Bremen Police have a man in custody after the attempted abduction of a 7-year-old girl at a Walmart.
Brittney Baxter was in the toy aisle at the Walmart on Highway 27 when a man came up behind her and grabbed her, police said. The man put his hand over her mouth, but Brittney kicked, squirmed and made as much noise as possible before the man let go and ran off.
The girl’s mother was not far away at the time of the abduction attempt, police said.
The incident was caught on store surveillance footage.
Police said a description of the man's car led them to a man in Tallapoosa. He is being interviewed by investigators, but no charges have been filed yet.