Man tried to abduct girl from Bremen Walmart
More from News
- Police: Athens woman Haley Hill dies after former boyfriend shot her during rampage
- Student Christopher Starks dies after shooting on Savannah State campus
- Jackson County man Marty Rogers charged after dog tests positive for meth
- Atlanta man Willie Kirkpatrick shot, killed in barber shop parking lot
- HIV positive man Jason Alexander Young charged with reckless conduct
Bremen Police have a man in custody after the attempted abduction of a 7-year-old girl at a Walmart.
Brittney Baxter was in the toy aisle at the Walmart on Highway 27 when a man came up behind her and grabbed her, police said. The man put his hand over her mouth, but Brittney kicked, squirmed and made as much noise as possible before the man let go and ran off.
The girl’s mother was not far away at the time of the abduction attempt, police said.
The incident was caught on store surveillance footage.
Police said a description of the man's car led them to a man in Tallapoosa. He is being interviewed by investigators, but no charges have been filed yet.