Dareal Williams, Final suspect in recorded beating of gay man arrested
More from News
- Teen Greg Horan dies in ropes course accident at adventure park
- Atlanta Hawks player Mike Scott arrested on drug charges
- Norcross murder-suicide victims identified as 49-year-old Glenda Nguyen and and 45-year-old Hoang Nguyen
- Marietta Police dress up as construction workers to catch distracted drivers
- Elderly woman Mildred Martin shot, killed while playing cards on porch
Authorities arrested a third man being sought in the brutal beating of a gay man in Atlanta's Pittsburgh neighborhood.
Investigators said they were searching for Dareal Demare Williams who they believed was hiding with friends and family in Erie, Penn. Williams is a known member of the violent Pittsburgh Jack City Gang, based in Atlanta, police said.
Williams was identified by investigators as an attacker in a recorded beating that took place on Feb. 4 on McDaniel Street. Twenty-year-old Brandon White, who has identified himself as being gay, was beaten by several men in front of a store. Two others identified in the beating have been arrested.
Williams, a minor, has been charged as an adult for his role in the robbery and assault.
Anyone with more information regarding the case is asked to call Crime Stoppers Atlanta at 404-577-8477