Atlanta Man Stephen Kendrick convicted for rape, getting 13-year-old pregnant
More from News
- Double-homicide in Cobb County, Dustin Ray Dixon arrested
- Police seek man who killed stepson Andres Arias during arguement
- Georgia sheriff posts ‘politically incorrect’ welcome sign
- Missing Teen Shaundrea Houston and Daughter Found Safe
- ‘Car surfing’ teen Alex Desalis dies after falling off Jeep, getting run over
Stephen Troy Kendrick, 34, was convicted in connection with a sexual assault case involving a 13-year-old girl, according to a Fulton County District Attorney.
On February 21, 2011, College Park officers went to Cypress Glen Apartments on Godby Road where they discovered Kendrick and a young girl sleeping in a vacant apartment.
Kendrick initially told police the victim was his 18-year-old cousin.
Upon further questioning, police determined the two were not related, and that the girl was in fact a 13-year-old runaway.
Detectives eventually reunited with her parents who had reported her missing two months earlier.
They claim Kendrick lived at their home at one point, but was eventually asked to leave after they realized Kendrick was becoming too close with their daughter.
Investigators later discovered the girl was pregnant with Kendrick's child.
The injury and pain of child birth associated with the young girl's pregnancy formed the basis for the aggravated child molestation charge against the defendant, according to court records.
Kendrick was sentenced to life plus two years in prison following his conviction