Atlanta Man Stephen Kendrick convicted for rape, getting 13-year-old pregnant
More from News
- Parents anger after their child is found screaming in 'body bag' restraint at the dentist office
- Strangers catch Sandy Springs women who jumped from burning building
- Police arrest Greg Haney and Ledarrius Jackson in Shooting death of Applebees Manager
- Fifty teenagers storm Georgia Walmart at 2am causing thousands in damage and assaulting an elderly shopper for FUN
- Storm Rips Through Fayette County Destroying Mobile Home Park
Stephen Troy Kendrick, 34, was convicted in connection with a sexual assault case involving a 13-year-old girl, according to a Fulton County District Attorney.
On February 21, 2011, College Park officers went to Cypress Glen Apartments on Godby Road where they discovered Kendrick and a young girl sleeping in a vacant apartment.
Kendrick initially told police the victim was his 18-year-old cousin.
Upon further questioning, police determined the two were not related, and that the girl was in fact a 13-year-old runaway.
Detectives eventually reunited with her parents who had reported her missing two months earlier.
They claim Kendrick lived at their home at one point, but was eventually asked to leave after they realized Kendrick was becoming too close with their daughter.
Investigators later discovered the girl was pregnant with Kendrick's child.
The injury and pain of child birth associated with the young girl's pregnancy formed the basis for the aggravated child molestation charge against the defendant, according to court records.
Kendrick was sentenced to life plus two years in prison following his conviction