Atlanta forms office to support film industry
ATLANTA (AP) - Atlanta city officials have established a department to support the city's expanding film industry.
City officials said Thursday that an ordinance recently approved by Atlanta City Council established the city's first Office of Entertainment. The office is designed to help streamline the permit process, create production-related educational and training opportunities, safeguard residents and businesses impacted by film production, and help filmmakers hire local talent.
City officials say the recent legislation also simplifies permit requirements and eliminates most fees.
Officials say the office will also partner with the Georgia Film, Music and Digital Entertainment office to market the city as a leader in the film, culture and entertainment fields.
In a statement, a senior advisor to Mayor Kasim Reed said the office will help attract world class productions and create jobs.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Jealous woman Giselle Esteban jailed for 25 years after murdering her best friend 'in cold blood' over love rival
- Augusta murder conviction affirmed
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31