GBI investigates Whitesburg officer-involved shooting
The GBI is investigating an officer-involved shooting in Whitesburg, according to the Carroll County Sheriff's Office.
Whitesburg Chief of Police Juanita Howell says the incident happened on Aycock Street Friday morning. At the request of the Fayette County Sheriff's Office, officers from the Whitesburg Police Department went to the home to pick up a juvenile that was supposed to have been in his mother's custody and in school in Fayette County, officials said. Instead, the boy was renovating a home with his father.
Whitesburg officers attempted to the boy and the father while Fayette County investigators determined if any charges would be filed, when the father allegedly began to resist. Officers said that the father went into the home and got a shotgun. He then allegedly fired at officers, who then returned fire.
The father was struck in the leg. He was transported to Atlanta Medical Center.
The GBI is investigating the shooting. Carroll County Sheriff's officials are investigating charges on the father.
No names have been released.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Jealous woman Giselle Esteban jailed for 25 years after murdering her best friend 'in cold blood' over love rival
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Augusta murder conviction affirmed
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31