Rally held after officer shoots unarmed man in NC
Demonstrators rallied at the Georgia Capitol on Wednesday in protest of the shooting death of an unarmed man by a Charlotte police officer.
Jonathan Ferrell, a 24-year-old former Florida A&M football player, was shot and killed on Saturday by a police officer in North Carolina.
Ferrell had been in an accident and stumbled from the scene to a nearby home and pounded on the door for help. The frightened homeowner inside called police, who shot Ferrell 10 times when a Taser would not stop him from approaching.
That officer has been arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Oregon woman Joan Zuber has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- Body in burned car identified as Atlanta woman Darla Gibbons
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31