Augusta man convicted of aggravated child molestation
An Augusta man was convicted Friday of aggravated child molestation for raping an 11-year-old girl he wished to impregnate.
At the conclusion of a four-day trial in Richmond County Superior Court, Judge Michael N. Annis sentenced Michael “Bubba” Lawson to life in prison. Because of Lawson’s two prior felony convictions for aggravated assault in 2000 and cocaine possession in 2011, the life sentence was mandatory.
Lawson, 31, was linked to the assault by DNA evidence. The child needed medical treatment for injuries after the Jan. 11, 2011, assault.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Wife of Indian minister Shashi Tharoor died 'suddenly and unnaturally'
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Oregon woman Joan Zuber has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31