Woman behind bars after her dead mother is found in home
More from Augusta
- Barber Kwame Demond Bryant charged with firing at customer
- Toombs County officials catch suspect Steve Lawrence Allen in fatal Augusta shooting
- Martinez man Charles Holtzclaw charged in $200,000 embezzlement
- Caroline Hegg named Georgia Regents' women's golf coach
- Sheriff, others back SPLOST at voter open house
Denise Chinnery is behind bars after the decaying body of her mother was found in Harlem. According to an incident report, Investigators were called to the home by Chinnery's sister, who reported Chinnery was in the home with the body of their dead mother and would not let anyone inside.
When Investigators arrived, they discovered Catherine Simmons body sitting in a chair in the living room of the home.
Chinnery is being charged with cruelty to a person 65 years old or older.