Woman behind bars after her dead mother is found in home
More from Augusta
- Columbia County Commission OKs first reading of revamped ordinance on stormwater utility rules, credits
- Conservationists, nuclear proponents comment at Vogtle hearing
- North Augusta robotics team preps for regional competition
- Former Georgia Sen. Charles Walker says he'll be active in politics, but won't run 'at this time'
- Banks buy land in Columbia County shopping center
Denise Chinnery is behind bars after the decaying body of her mother was found in Harlem. According to an incident report, Investigators were called to the home by Chinnery's sister, who reported Chinnery was in the home with the body of their dead mother and would not let anyone inside.
When Investigators arrived, they discovered Catherine Simmons body sitting in a chair in the living room of the home.
Chinnery is being charged with cruelty to a person 65 years old or older.