Salvation Army auto auction set for Saturday
More from Augusta
- Barber Kwame Demond Bryant charged with firing at customer
- Toombs County officials catch suspect Steve Lawrence Allen in fatal Augusta shooting
- Martinez man Charles Holtzclaw charged in $200,000 embezzlement
- No. 20 Georgia Regents breezes past Valdosta State
- Applications for US unemployment benefits top 300,000 for first time in nearly 3 months
Taking refuge from the sun under a tent, Stephen Brewer sat on a cooler Wednesday behind the Salvation Army’s Center of Hope on Greene Street and waited until a potential bidder needed his assistance.
Around him, 44 vehicles of varying colors, makes, models and states of repair stretched out along the fence.
The Salvation Army’s auto auction will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday, but bidders can get an early look at the vehicles. The preview began Wednesday and continues through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.