Two dead, one injured after shooting at South Augusta home
"She's gone. I don't know what else to say."
Tammy Tanksley is grappling with the loss of her sister-in-law, April Paulk, after investigators say, Paulk's estranged husband, Cedric Tobias Harris, shot her and two others at a home on Stanton Court. Paulk didn't make it.
"My beautiful sister-in-law. She was the best. She was awesome. She went out and got all the education she could get, to start her own business. She loved her kids, and she loved her family," said Tanksley.
She said Harris had been violent with Paulk in the past, as recently as a week ago, pushing her out of a moving vehicle.
"He was an abusive husband," Tanksley explained. "And why did he do it? To me he's a coward. But I don't know why he did it. But it's senseless."
The Richmond County Sheriff's Office said Harris was tracked to McDuffie County, where they believe he shot himself. Tanksley said he's now dead, and won't have to face the consequences for his behavior.
"We can't get any justice served because he's gone," she added. "I leave it in God's hand. He'll take care of it all."
It's a tragedy Tanksley said she saw coming. Her last conversation with her sister-in-law was about getting away from the now suspected killer.
"To get a restraining order, it took a process," explained Tanksley. "I told her to be careful, she was welcome to come to the house. She was supposed to bring me the kids, but she didn't."
Now, Tanksley said, she will never be able to see Paulk's smiling face again.
"She was a beautiful woman that loved her kids," remembered Tanksley. "And all she wanted was a little bit of help."
Help, Tanksley said, was too little, too late.
The Richmond County Sheriff's Office is investigating a domestic-related shooting at a South Augusta home.
Deputies responded early this morning to the 3600 block of Stanton Court to find two people dead, and another person injured as a result of gunshots.
A family member has confirmed one of the victims as April Paulk, though RCSO has yet to confirm any identities.
The injured victim was transported to Georgia Regents Medical Center in critical condition.
The suspect in the case is Cedric Tobias Harris. He was later found suffering from a suspected self-inflicted gunshot wound in McDuffie County.
Harris is believed to be the ex-husband of Paulk.
Nobody else is suspected to be involved in the shooting.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- True love or just a Green Card? Season two of 90 Day Fiancé follows six Americans as they prepare to marry the foreign spouses they hardly know
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31