Skeleton found in south Georgia woods
More from Augusta
- Barber Kwame Demond Bryant charged with firing at customer
- Toombs County officials catch suspect Steve Lawrence Allen in fatal Augusta shooting
- Martinez man Charles Holtzclaw charged in $200,000 embezzlement
- Deputies: Parents arrested after child found living in unsanitary conditions
- Man charged in fatal shooting at Burke Co. nightclub sentenced
The Brantley County Sheriff’s Office and Georgia Bureau of Investigation are looking for clues to identify a skeleton found off Georgia 110 north of the Atkinson community.
Hunters found the skeletal remains about 3 p.m. Tuesday in a wooded area and contacted the Sheriff’s Office, said Mike McDaniel, special agent in charge of the GBI’s Kingsland office.
Investigators worked the scene Tuesday until a heavy thunderstorm forced them to stop but had collected part of the skeleton and sent it to the GBI crime lab in Savannah, McDaniel said.