Ex-flea market owner charged with rape, molestation
More from Augusta
- Soldier receives Purple Heart for injuries during deployment to Afghanistan
- Greater Clarks Hill Regional Library asks for public's help identifying historic photos
- Jaguars set to face Young Harris in Peach Belt Tournament opener
- Augusta Interfaith Coalition urges community to support Paine College
- Georgia Regents' Keith Crump finding a groove
Former South Augusta Flea Market owner Harold “Dusty” Rhodes, 78, has been charged with rape and several counts of child molestation that police said occurred over several years.
According to a Richmond County Sheriff’s Office incident report, a 13-year-old girl’s father contacted police Aug. 10 after she told him she had been molested by Rhodes.
The girl told authorities the man began making sexual comments about oral sex when she was about 6 years old and began physically abusing her about two years later.