Ex-flea market owner charged with rape, molestation
More from Augusta
- Barber Kwame Demond Bryant charged with firing at customer
- Toombs County officials catch suspect Steve Lawrence Allen in fatal Augusta shooting
- Martinez man Charles Holtzclaw charged in $200,000 embezzlement
- American Pharoah loses in Travers to Keen Ice
- Citizens taking video of police see themselves facing arrest
Former South Augusta Flea Market owner Harold “Dusty” Rhodes, 78, has been charged with rape and several counts of child molestation that police said occurred over several years.
According to a Richmond County Sheriff’s Office incident report, a 13-year-old girl’s father contacted police Aug. 10 after she told him she had been molested by Rhodes.
The girl told authorities the man began making sexual comments about oral sex when she was about 6 years old and began physically abusing her about two years later.