Condition of child who almost drowned in mall fountain improves
More from Augusta
- Barber Kwame Demond Bryant charged with firing at customer
- Toombs County officials catch suspect Steve Lawrence Allen in fatal Augusta shooting
- Martinez man Charles Holtzclaw charged in $200,000 embezzlement
- Augusta man charged with arson in couch fire
- Board should release other GRU finalists, attorney says
A 2-year-old who nearly drowned in an Augusta Mall fountain on Aug. 28 remains hospitalized, but her condition has improved.
Police said Alayna Ishmael slipped away from her mother at the children’s play area and ended up in the nearby fountain at the downstairs Sears entrance. A nurse who was in the area revived the unresponsive child, who was transported by ambulance to Georgia Regents Medical Center in critical condition.
Richmond County sheriff’s investigators said Alayna’s condition has shown improvement since admittance. Further details were not provided.