Missing doctor found dead; suspect charged
More from Augusta
- Barber Kwame Demond Bryant charged with firing at customer
- Toombs County officials catch suspect Steve Lawrence Allen in fatal Augusta shooting
- Martinez man Charles Holtzclaw charged in $200,000 embezzlement
- Wide, heavy load ties up local traffic in Columbia County
- Attorneys square off on first hurdle in lawsuit against private probation companies
The body of a missing doctor has been found and a suspect in the case is in the Richmond County jail facing several charges, including murder.
According to a statement released this morning by the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office, Glenn Vincent Riggs II, 22, is charged with murder and robbery by force in the death of Dr. Charles Mann III, 60, a missing Barnwell, S.C. physician who often returned to a home in middle Georgia on weekends.
The body of Mann, who was reported missing Saturday, was found in Spirit Creek at Willis Foreman Road, police said.