Solesby, Spires plan to marry on anniversary of Riverwalk Augusta attack
More from Augusta
- Barber Kwame Demond Bryant charged with firing at customer
- Toombs County officials catch suspect Steve Lawrence Allen in fatal Augusta shooting
- Martinez man Charles Holtzclaw charged in $200,000 embezzlement
- Saturday Shootout: Rhodes gets triple-double in win
- Sheriff's Office names employees of the year
Ashley Solesbee and Wesley Spires are ready to put the past behind them, and they say they’ve found the perfect way to do so. They’ll get married May 3, exactly one year after they were attacked on Riverwalk Augusta while on their first date.
“The way Wesley put it, ‘It turns a bad day into something wonderful,’ ” Solesbee said.
Spires said he decided to pop the question Jan. 4 while the couple vacationed with friends in Gatlinburg, Tenn. He proposed as the couple rode a sky lift to the top of a mountain.