Dump truck causes power outage in Evans
A dump truck hit a power pole in Evans Thursday morning and caused a power outage, said Pam Tucker, EMA director for Columbia County.
The driver of the truck was unloading gravel at the entrance of Marshall Square where the rain had caused muddy areas. The space is set up as a staging area for debris removal crews working to clear tree limbs downed during the ice storm.
Georgia Power restored power shortly after the incident, Tucker said. No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2014 WFXG. All rights reserved.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- True love or just a Green Card? Season two of 90 Day Fiancé follows six Americans as they prepare to marry the foreign spouses they hardly know
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31