Dump truck causes power outage in Evans
More from Augusta
- Barber Kwame Demond Bryant charged with firing at customer
- Toombs County officials catch suspect Steve Lawrence Allen in fatal Augusta shooting
- Martinez man Charles Holtzclaw charged in $200,000 embezzlement
- Commissioners divided as stormwater fee returns for another vote
- Augusta-based Richmond Community Federal Credit Union merges with Atlanta-based Peach State Federal Credit Union
A dump truck hit a power pole in Evans Thursday morning and caused a power outage, said Pam Tucker, EMA director for Columbia County.
The driver of the truck was unloading gravel at the entrance of Marshall Square where the rain had caused muddy areas. The space is set up as a staging area for debris removal crews working to clear tree limbs downed during the ice storm.
Georgia Power restored power shortly after the incident, Tucker said. No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2014 WFXG. All rights reserved.