Tracey Grissom 'shot ex-husband dead after he made an obscene gesture at her'
More from The Crime Scene
- Oklahoma woman Hannah Secondi accused of leaving child in hot car while she shopped at Walmart
- Nevada woman Jennifer Mustachia 'threatened to feed dead man's body to disabled sister during torture'
- Missouri man Kyle Webb killed his dad by lying on his head to 'prove a point'
- Former teacher Erin Agren ‘killed husband, toddler, then shot self’
- Coach of girls high school soccer team Rebecca Noonan, 31, charged with having sex with a 13-year-old boy in his bedroom
A woman shot and killed her husband because he made an obscene gesture at her, according to police.
Tracey Grissom, 30, from Northport, Alabama, was charged with first-degree murder in the death of her husband Hunter Daniel Grissom, 28.
Sheriff Ted Sexton says the couple had a history of domestic violence.
According to the arrest warrant, Grissom was driving to work when she saw her ex-husband at a boat landing.
She stopped to take a photo of him for litigation related to their divorce.
Sheriff Sexton says several witnesses watched as the man made an obscene gesture and the woman opened fire around 8am yesterday morning.
Authorities say the woman called 911 after using all her ammunition and told them she shot her ex-husband.
Hunter Grissom was previously charged with first degree rape, first degree sodomy, unlawful imprisonment and other drug-related charges, Sergeant Andy Norris with the Tuscaloosa Sheriff's Office said.
Tracey Grissom was the alleged victim in the rape and sodomy charges, according to Tuscaloosa County District Attorney Tommy Smith.
According to WSFA.com, Tracey Grissom told police she was raped and sodomized by Hunter Grissom in November 2010.
She reported that he bound her legs with his belt, dragged her from their closet into their master bedroom and sexually assaulted her.
Tracey told police she was then knocked unconscious on the floor of their bathroom and didn't wake up until the next morning.
She went to the hospital for treatment following the alleged attack, and paperwork shows she had a gash on her head, bruises, bind marks on her feet and writing on her arm.
Court records show the couple have a four-year-old daughter together.