Brittany Weyandt: Woman, 20, arrested after giving birth to 14-year-old's baby
More from The Crime Scene
- Sex offender James Horn Jr on the run after 'locking his girlfriend in a box for four months'
- North Carolina teaching assistant Rebecca Ann Morgan fired after alleged sexual behavior with 17-year-old girl
- Shelter worker Ann Charle gunned down by ex-resident after escaping rape
- Ohio State marching band instructor Stewart Kitchen is charged with 'raping and kidnapping' student
- Teacher Amber Anderson, 27, caught two years after having sexual relationship with 15-year-old student apologizes for 'taking his innocence'
A 20-year-old woman has been arrested for having sex with a 14-year-old boy and giving birth to his baby.
Brittany Lenay Weyandt, of Claysburg, Pennsylvania, faces four felony sex abuse charges after the alleged underage affair.
She remains behind bars at the Blair County Prison while her mother cares for her newborn.
In prison: Brittany Weyandt, 20, pictured, is facing charges after allegedly having sex with the 14-year-old father of her child
The teen's mother learned of the pregnancy in June when Weyandt approached her with a sonogram image of the fetus, according to The Altoona Mirror.
Shortly after, the woman tipped off police about the couple's controversial relationship.
During questioning, the 14-year-old told police he frequently had unprotected sex with Weyandt between December and March.
Caught: The victim's mother tipped off police about the affair when she learned Weyandt, pictured, was pregnant
He said the couple rendezvoused at the nearby home of a mutual acquaintance.
The teen, whose name has not been released, told police that the sex was consensual but he is below the age of consent in Pennsylvania so it still constitutes abuse.
He said he had regularly accompanied Weyandt to Altoona Regional for check-ups through out her pregnancy, the Mirror reports.
In custody: Weyandt remains behind bars at the Blair County Prison, pictured, while her mother cares for her newborn
Officers arrested the woman after she gave birth to the child last week, according to Greenfield Township Police Chief Ron Givler.
Weyandt is facing felony charges of statutory sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault and corruption of minors.
She is being held on $20,000 bail while the child is cared for by its grandmother.
It is not known how the couple met or whether a paternity test has been conducted to prove the teen's paternity.