- New HEG poll of early Georgia voters shows Reps leading with over 50 percent in Senate, Governor races
- 2 People Dead After Small plane hits airport building in Wichita, KS
- Isis behead 30 people in Iraq
- Police looking for pregnant, cape-wearing robbery suspect
- J Lo says panic attack led to divorce from Marc Anthony
- Rap Mogul Suge Knight Charged With Robbery
- Brain Cancer Patient Brittany Maynard Delays Assisted Death
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 to win World Series
- NY woman Catherine Butler dressed as zombie arrested for DWI twice within 3 hours
- Full list of movies arriving, leaving Netflix in November
Cop shoots dead pregnant woman Lacey Lamb 'as she tries running him over with her car'
More from The Crime Scene
- First picture: Mom beheaded by her son who then kicked severed head down street
- Man beheads woman then jumps in front of train in Long Island, New York
- Cop Patrick Quinn Charged Over Foot-Sniffing Allegations
- West Virginia man Jonnie Boggess arrested after having 'gentle sexual intercourse' with his pet dog
- Indiana man shoots dead neighbor, 13, after he found teen laughing at him
A pregnant woman was fatally shot by a police officer while allegedly attempting to run him over with her car.
Police in Woodruff, South Carolina say 28-year-old Lacey Denise Lamb got behind the wheel in an effort to hinder the arrest of a second passenger who ran from their vehicle during a traffic stop.
Matthew Simmons, 33, bolted from the car where he was chased by responding officer William Knight around 1.40pm on Thursday, according to a police report.
Witnessing the scene was Alisa Thomas who said '[Lamb] went straight towards him,' according to WSPA.
'I knew she was, I mean, like she was going to run over him. So when he fired, he apparently hit her in the head, she lost consciousness and I saw the car just go straight, drive through the underpinning under the trailer,' she said.
Crashed into that trailer was the maroon sedan.
'While chasing Simmons, the female passenger tried to assault the officer with the suspect vehicle. Officer Knight reacted and medical assistance was called,' the police report obtained by GoUpstate.com reads.
Attack: Police say Lamb tried to run an officer over with this car before she was shot, crashing it into a trailer
Price: Lamb, who was 21 weeks pregnant, lost her baby and Simmons was arrested for driving under suspension for his third time
Police said Lamb was 21 weeks pregnant and the baby did not survive.
An autopsy is scheduled for Friday.
Simmons was arrested and charged with his third driving under suspension offense.
The investigation is being handled by the Woodruff police department, Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, coroner's office and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.