T-Mobile employee Darnell Schoolfield 'stabs customer after he complained his bill was too high'
Police say a T-Mobile customer was critically stabbed by a store employee after complaining his cell phone bill was too high in a horrific attack caught on camera.
Carrying an employee name tag of 21-year-old Darnell Schoolfield to police in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania on Tuesday, his alleged victim said it belonged to the man who attacked him before it was ripped it from his shirt.
'Apparently he was double-billed. During the course of the verbal exchange it becomes heated,' Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood told WPVI of the motive behind the afternoon attack.
'The next thing you know it becomes physical,' he said.
Store surveillance capturing the incident shows the 59-year-old victim heading outside the store when the employee is clearly seen sticking something into his side.
'As the victim is going out of the store after the altercation, you can see store clerk stab him in the side,' said Mr Chitwood of the footage.
Police said the victim didn't realize he had been stabbed until driving himself to a police station and noticing the open wound.
'He looks down and sees blood pouring out of his side and said, "Oh my God, I'm stabbed,' said Mr Chitwood.
Sliced: In the last moments of their in-store fight that poured onto the sidewalk surveillance video captured the customer stabbed with something in the employee's hand
Condition: The injury to the 59-year-old man with a currently unknown object rushed him to a hospital in critical condition before upgraded to serious
During the course of their brawl which started out as a conversation before pouring out onto the street, the customer said he managed to rip Schoolfield's tag off his shirt.
The victim was transferred to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he underwent surgery for his wound, first reported in critical condition and later upgraded to serious.
Schoolfrield fled the scene and remains at large according to police.
Attempt to kill: Schoolfield, who was identified after the customer at this store ripped his name tag off his shirt, could face attempted homicide and aggravated assault
He faces attempted homicide and aggravated assault.
A T-Mobile spokesman responding to the attack said they were 'shocked and saddened' by the incident, adding:
'[We] are working with local law enforcement to assist in their investigation so we cannot disclose further details about the incident at this time. Our thoughts are with our customer and his family,' Philly.com reports.
- Pizza delivery man 'caught on hidden camera having sex with family dog'
- Student posted 'revenge porn' nude pics of his ex-girlfriend because she 'gave evidence to cops about a burglary he was involved in'
- British girl caught having sex in Virgin aeroplane toilets as her PARENTS sat nearby
- English teacher, 34, arrested for having sex with 17-year-old student seven times
- Police launch all-out search for amorous couple filmed having sex on public fountain in Russia
- Sex maniac doctor who used medical images as porn, sent naked selfies to patient ... and sexted DURING C-sections
- Sex-for-drinks scandal called "mamading" rocks Mallorca bars
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- Born into brothels: Behind the scenes of Kolkata's notorious red-light district where thousands of girls are forced into sex work
- Georgia Governor Nathan Deal finally takes responsibility for winter weather chaos
- Colorado's 9NEWS anchor Kyle Clark News rants at viewers' patio snow pictures
- Former college footballer shot dead by robber who demanded he hand over Dr Dre headphones
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Lake Charles pastor shot to death during church service
- Dougherty Gang sibling Lee Grace posed naked in XXX photo
- Terrifying moment woman bungee jumps off a bridge without a harness
- A model fan! Belgian teen lands L'Oreal contract after being photographed at World Cup game
- California high school asked to abandon 'offensive' Arab mascot
- Subpoenas related to Ga. gov's ethics complaints
- From anti-gravity fist fights to dressing up as a woman: Chris Hadfield reveals the bizarre life of an astronaut living on the International Space Station
- UPDATE: Recorder's Court judge orders Michael Johnson held without bond in Steve Toms' death
- Girl, 15, tries to commit suicide after naked picture of her is posted online
- Oscar Pistorius shooting: Inside Blade Runner's bedroom - cricket bat, baseball bat, revolver and machine gun
- SRS waste worries Gov. Haley
- 'Gray Thursday' begins as bargain hunters pile into Kmart on Thanksgiving
- It's Fight Friday! The busiest shopping day of the year has begun with chaotic scenes throughout the country and fights breaking out at numerous Walmart stores over discounted electrical goods
- Black Friday: One man is STABBED in row over parking space and 'shoplifter' is SHOT by police
- Two Black Friday shoppers arrested in Virginia after man, 35, is 'sliced to the bone' in a dispute over a Walmart parking spot
- So this is how America now spends its Thanksgiving! Shopping madness starts even earlier as critics say retailers have gone too far
- Newton High School basketball coach James Carter accused of sexting student
- High school teacher Carly McKinney, 23, 'tweeted nude photos of herself, called her students JAIL BAIT and talked about getting high'
- Greenpeace's Rainbow Warrior ship blocks removal of Costa Concordia from Giglio
- Serena Williams tops Victoria Azarenka to win U.S. Open title
- 'He started following me - and so did his WIFE': TV presenter reveals how she was stalked for eight years by crazed couple
- Ravel Dixon: Single mother, 22, charged with killing millionaire who was tied up and brutally murdered in his mansion
- Man killed in upscale New Jersey mall parking lot sacrificed himself to protect his wife from armed carjackers, source says
- Deputies: Guyton man had sex on video with underage boy and dog
- Neymar takes selfie with girlfriend Gabriella Lenzi after Brazil World Cup win
- Video released of purse thieves at Dillards
- David Nabhan can 'predict earthquakes' and says next one in US will be on July 12
- Relatives insist beloved lawyer would NOT have tried to stop carjackers who shot him dead
- Little House On The Prairie actor Richard Bull dies at 89
- Russian school bullies force girl, 13, to drink puddle water 'for being too pretty'
- Indian minister: 'Women should not wear bikinis on the beach in Goa'
- 13-year-old forced into prostitution, nude dancing at South Beach strip club
- Catholic girls' school teacher admits lesbian affair with student, 17, after plying her with alcohol
- Co-workers Michelle Chinnis, Tracy Downer killed in horrific tractor-trailer wreck
- Known gang members among thousands of illegal immigrant children storming the U.S. border and government is now trying to silence officers from talking to the media
- Woman tasered by police for trying to buy too many iPhones
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|