T-Mobile employee Darnell Schoolfield 'stabs customer after he complained his bill was too high'
Police say a T-Mobile customer was critically stabbed by a store employee after complaining his cell phone bill was too high in a horrific attack caught on camera.
Carrying an employee name tag of 21-year-old Darnell Schoolfield to police in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania on Tuesday, his alleged victim said it belonged to the man who attacked him before it was ripped it from his shirt.
'Apparently he was double-billed. During the course of the verbal exchange it becomes heated,' Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood told WPVI of the motive behind the afternoon attack.
'The next thing you know it becomes physical,' he said.
Store surveillance capturing the incident shows the 59-year-old victim heading outside the store when the employee is clearly seen sticking something into his side.
'As the victim is going out of the store after the altercation, you can see store clerk stab him in the side,' said Mr Chitwood of the footage.
Police said the victim didn't realize he had been stabbed until driving himself to a police station and noticing the open wound.
'He looks down and sees blood pouring out of his side and said, "Oh my God, I'm stabbed,' said Mr Chitwood.
Sliced: In the last moments of their in-store fight that poured onto the sidewalk surveillance video captured the customer stabbed with something in the employee's hand
Condition: The injury to the 59-year-old man with a currently unknown object rushed him to a hospital in critical condition before upgraded to serious
During the course of their brawl which started out as a conversation before pouring out onto the street, the customer said he managed to rip Schoolfield's tag off his shirt.
The victim was transferred to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he underwent surgery for his wound, first reported in critical condition and later upgraded to serious.
Schoolfrield fled the scene and remains at large according to police.
Attempt to kill: Schoolfield, who was identified after the customer at this store ripped his name tag off his shirt, could face attempted homicide and aggravated assault
He faces attempted homicide and aggravated assault.
A T-Mobile spokesman responding to the attack said they were 'shocked and saddened' by the incident, adding:
'[We] are working with local law enforcement to assist in their investigation so we cannot disclose further details about the incident at this time. Our thoughts are with our customer and his family,' Philly.com reports.
- English teacher, 34, arrested for having sex with 17-year-old student seven times
- Dougherty Gang sibling Lee Grace posed naked in XXX photo
- Shocking new accounts of the carnage at the MH17 crash site have emerged today
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- The victims of Flight MH17: First pictures of passengers who perished as Putin blames Ukraine for death of 298 innocent souls - but DOESN'T deny Russian separatists shot it down with missile
- Is he a fraud? U.S. marines confront 'fake sergeant major' after military funeral in Florida
- Pro-Russian looters pulled Tesco binoculars from British MH17 victim's suitcase - but threw them back because they were broken
- Beyonce recreates iconic Rosie the Riveter feminist poster in new photo shoot
- Walking on bloated grass: Alabama woman 'surfs' on lawn after major rainfall makes her backyard FLOAT
- Jennifer Lopez suffers embarrassing wardrobe malfunction live on German TV
- High school teacher Carly McKinney, 23, 'tweeted nude photos of herself, called her students JAIL BAIT and talked about getting high'
- Cops: Employee Airieal Wright stole $71,000 from Atlanta court
- New York teen arrested after 'killing brother, 15, and brutally beating respected doctor mother into a coma'
- Facebook selfie helps police identify fraud suspect as Tanya Peel
- John Thomas wins Muscogee County School Board District 2 seat
- Rory McIlroy unveils new lover Sasha Gale during date to celebrate Open victory
- NJ man Anthony Novellino guilty of murdering 'messy' ex-wife found wearing pig mask
- Catholic girls' school teacher admits lesbian affair with student, 17, after plying her with alcohol
- Inmate Amy Hightower Re-Arrested After Escaping Hospital
- Is this Russian seperatist rebel stealing MH17 victim's ring?
- Thanksgiving Storm: Freezing weather spreads as storm heads toward U.S. East Coast
- Rebel Wilson busted whilst making off with buffet
- Peaches Geldof was 'taking methadone and using heroin before death'
- Pregnant woman, 27, arrested 'after posting a selfie on Facebook wearing a stolen dress'
- Marine who was 'having an affair with missing pregnant army wife and had planned a hunting trip with her the day she disappeared' arrested ... but police released him
- Mars heiress worth $20.5billion charged with reckless driving over fatal head-on crash with minivan which killed grandmother, 86
- Man buys $27 of bitcoin, now he's a millionaire
- killer Joseph Rudolph Wood WILL be executed after Arizona court halted lethal injection
- Miss Teen Colorado runner up Kristy Althaus turns porn star
- Wrong-way drunk driver dies in crash that killed two women
- Expert describes effect of missile hit on MH17
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Scraps from the table put your dog in danger: Animals' digestive system is not equipped to handle same foods as humans
- Can't sleep in the heat? Put your sheets in the fridge and whatever you do, DON'T sleep naked!
- Man 'has sex with dog on camera'
- Snapchat reveals geofilters that can only be unlocked in the right place
- Son of Romania's 'King of the Gipsies' set to marry fiancée
- Parents who lost three children on MH17 flight tell of agony
- Bad Santas! The police mugshots with an uncanny resemblance to Santa Claus
- Captain America drops action-heavy first trailer
- Man dies at the beach after being BURIED ALIVE by sand tunnel he was digging
- Police release pictures of clothes girl, 15, was wearing when she went missing before mysteriously reappearing nine months later
- Simon Cowell trolled over donation to Israeli soldiers' organisation
- Tiffany Six: Porn star teacher loses appeal to return to the classroom
- Suspect flees in car of woman shot, killed in Smyrna
- Justin Bieber makes it rain cash at strip club
- Teacher's aide and mother of two Clarice Lee 'had sex with three students while three others watched and videotaped
- Man sees doctor about cramp, turns out he's a woman with period pain
- The sad final journey home: Bodies of MH17 victims are loaded on to transport plane at Ukraine airport as they begin trip to the Netherlands for painstaking identification process
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|