Pennsylvania woman Rachel Kozloff 'shot dead boyfriend of two months because she smelled sex on him'
More from The Crime Scene
- Rape victim filmed probation officer Zachary Thomas Bailey raping her so police would believe her
- Body in the barrel accused killer Christopher McNatt makes court appearance in California
- Milwaukee man Darrick Guider accused of raping and impregnating a ten-year-old girl
- Taacher who made high-school teens take turns pleads guilty to sex assault
- Ancestry.com co-founder Daniel Taggart, 50, charged with 'sexually abusing a 15-year-old girl
A woman has been accused of shooting dead her boyfriend of two months at point-blank range because 'he smelled of sex'.
Rachel Kozloff, 31, from northwestern Pennsylvania, has been charged with murder over the April 12 killing of her boyfriend Michael Henry with whom she had a volatile relationship.
Kozloff shot Henry at his Erie apartment because she suspected him of cheating on her. His then ten-month-old son was sleeping in a nearby room, authorities said.
Volatile: Kozloff has denied shooting Henry but said that he had pushed her down the stairs during a previous altercation
The prosecution opened the trial on Tuesday by painting a picture of Kozloff as a jealous lover who wanted revenge on Henry because he had decided to end their eight-week relationship.
She allegedly shot him four times while he sat on a sofa bed in his apartment - twice in the stomach and once in the ear, according to goerie.com.
Kozloff has denied killing Henry and said that he pushed her down the stairs during an argument. However she did admit to being in his apartment around the time he was killed.
The defense told the court that Henry, who was 6'5, 285lb and in the Iron Wings motorcycle club , had served five years in prison for aggravated assault after he left a man on life support following a beating.
Police never found the alleged murder weapon but found spent 9mm shells in Henry's apartment.
Investigators say Kozloff had purchased a .40-caliber handgun and a kit to convert it to 9mm.
Traces of gunpowder were also found on her pants.
Shot dead: Michael Henry was hit with four shots as his son slept in the next room