John Burbine: Daycare worker accused of sexually abusing 13 infants, toddlers
In what law enforcement officials are calling one of the most 'disturbing' cases they've ever prosecuted, a Massachusetts daycare worker faces so many counts of child sex abuse that he'll he will 'never get out of jail' if convicted.
Wakefield man John Burbine, 49, has been indicted on 100 counts of abuse as he allegedly videotaped himself raping and molesting 13 small children, some of whom were as young as 8-days-old.
Burbine allegedly perpetrated the abuse while providing day care for households in various towns around Boston.
Scroll down for video
Horrors: Durbine and his wife Marian operated day care services for families around Boston
'This is among the most troubling and disturbing cases of child abuse ever prosecuted in Middlesex County,' Middlesex District Attorney Gerard T. Leone said in a statement.
Burbine has been charged with aggravated forcible rape of a child, subsequent offense (40 counts), aggravaged indecent assault and battery on a child, subsequent offense (17 counts), posing a child in a state of nudity (12 counts), posing a child in sexual conduct (11 counts), possession of child pornography (13 counts), dissemination of material harmful to a minor (2 counts), and operating an unlicensed child care program.
Chldren from Stoneham, Medford, Newton, Reading, Melrose, Woburn, and Waltham were among those victimized.
The children were both male and female,from 8 days to 42 months old.
The assaults took place from August 2010 to August 2012.
Prosecutors said he and his wife, Marian, 'advertised child care and tutoring on various websites, including parenting and coupon sites.'
'The Waterfall Education Center offered short and long term child care, group child care, overnight newborn care, and summer camp alternative care.'
Burbine often assisted Marian on the job as she told parents he was an experienced and problem-free sitter.
Leone told the Boston Globe his office first received a complaint about the children's treatment at Waterfall in late September and his office had a court order to shut down the facility pending a criminal investigation.
Crusading: Prosecutor Leone said if convicted Burbine will never be released
Marian, 46, faces six counts of reckless endangerment of a child and two counts of operating an unlicensed day care business.
However, prosecutors said they believed Marian was likely ignorant of her husband's alleged crimes.
Prosecutors said that they believe that the wife did not know about the crimes that her husband was committing while he assisted her with her business.
Burbine was arrested this September and arraigned on Oct. 5 in Malden District Court.
Citing the dangerousness statute, the judge ordered him held without bail.
After his arrest, more victims were discovered along with video evidence.
An arraignment date on the new charges has yet to be scheduled.
Mariane was arraigned on Oct. 1 in Middlesex Superior Court in Woburn.
She was freed on bail with the condition she wear a GPS bracelet for tracking, remain in her home at night, and stay away from the victims, clients, employees, and children under 16.
She will return to court on Dec. 20 for a pre-trial hearing.
WHO runs the world? Beyoncé. But she wants other women to join in on the fun, too. Queen Bey flew her feminist flag high today ... Full story
- English teacher, 34, arrested for having sex with 17-year-old student seven times
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- Manchester United 7-0 LA Galaxy: Wayne Rooney, Reece James and Ashley Young doubles ensure perfect start for Louis van Gaal
- Miley Cyrus offered $1million to work on porn movie
- Flight MH17's first pictures of passengers emerge
- More than $50 million stolen from unguarded van belonging to Libya's Central Bank
- The victims of Flight MH17: First pictures of passengers who perished as Putin blames Ukraine for death of 298 innocent souls - but DOESN'T deny Russian separatists shot it down with missile
- Jenny McCarthy is 'terrified' after screwing over Oprah
- Is he a fraud? U.S. marines confront 'fake sergeant major' after military funeral in Florida
- Congressional staffer Dianne Reidy goes on bizarre rant about Freemasons and God
- Suspect flees in car of woman shot, killed in Smyrna
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- Shocking new accounts of the carnage at the MH17 crash site have emerged today
- How not to react in a debate: TV discussion about Gaza and Syria turns violent
- Dougherty Gang sibling Lee Grace posed naked in XXX photo
- Peaches Geldof was 'taking methadone and using heroin before death'
- Thanksgiving Storm: Freezing weather spreads as storm heads toward U.S. East Coast
- Rebel Wilson busted whilst making off with buffet
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- killer Joseph Rudolph Wood WILL be executed after Arizona court halted lethal injection
- Jennifer Lopez suffers embarrassing wardrobe malfunction live on German TV
- Inmate Amy Hightower Re-Arrested After Escaping Hospital
- High school teacher Carly McKinney, 23, 'tweeted nude photos of herself, called her students JAIL BAIT and talked about getting high'
- Justin Bieber makes it rain cash at strip club
- Pro-Russian looters pulled Tesco binoculars from British MH17 victim's suitcase - but threw them back because they were broken
- Captain America drops action-heavy first trailer
- A giant haggis, cabers, golf clubs, 41 Scottish terriers, Rod Stewart, Billy Connolly, the Queen, lashings of self-deprecation and even a gay kiss - Glasgow's Commonwealth Games begin in style
- At last, some dignity for the victims of MH17: 40 hearses and thousands of mourners line highways to pay respects
- FaceTime not working on your iPad or iphone? Here’s the fix
- Mars heiress worth $20.5billion charged with reckless driving over fatal head-on crash with minivan which killed grandmother, 86
- Amazon seeks permission from United States Federal Aviation Administration for drone tests
- Moment hero cop and driver took down assault rifle-toting gunman after he went on a terrifying twenty minute rampage
- Is this Russian seperatist rebel stealing MH17 victim's ring?
- Igor Girkin says 'MH17 bodies aren't fresh' as he claims corpses had been 'dead for days'
- Dutch call for Putin's daughter to be deported after it is discovered she lives in Holland with her boyfriend: Ukrainians also plan protest outside her apartment
- Moment a video vigilante filmed a WalMart shoplifter making off with a grocery cart full of stolen items before fleeing with the loot in an SUV
- Feds say NYC strippers drug rich men
- Walking on bloated grass: Alabama woman 'surfs' on lawn after major rainfall makes her backyard FLOAT
- Arizona inmate Joseph Rudolph Wood dies 2 HOURS after execution began
- Pilot Michael James Pascal charged after allegedly groping a sleeping 14-year-old girl
- Miss Teen Colorado runner up Kristy Althaus turns porn star
- New York teen arrested after 'killing brother, 15, and brutally beating respected doctor mother into a coma'
- Verizon boosts FiOS uploads to match downloads
- Simon Cowell trolled over donation to Israeli soldiers' organisation
- Brazilians blowing up over 2014 FIFA World Cup song
- Man arrested after stabbing watermelon with butcher's knife
- Marine who was 'having an affair with missing pregnant army wife and had planned a hunting trip with her the day she disappeared' arrested ... but police released him
- MH17 victim's wife cancels credit cards USED by thieving pro-Russian rebels
- Black teen was scared and disoriented when she banged on the front door of white homeowner who shot her dead
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|