Kinsley Wentzky: High School teacher and 'happily married mother of two' admits to 'affair with student, 17'
More from The Crime Scene
- Teacher Amber Anderson, 27, caught two years after having sexual relationship with 15-year-old student apologizes for 'taking his innocence'
- Married Mormon sixth grade teacher, 27, Kenne Worthen had 'started sexual relationship with his student, 12,
- Female math teacher Kaitlyn Granado, 24, arrested for 'having sex with student in her car'
- Woman in online relationship with ‘boyfriend’ for 2 years bashes him in head with bat at first meeting
- Teacher Jennifer Rexroat accused of soliciting 15-year-old student ‘to engage in oral sex’
South Carolina high school teacher Kinsley Wentzky has been charged with sexual battery after police she both she and the student she's accused of sleeping of admitted to an affair.
Wentzky, 34, allegedly engaged in intercourse with an unidentified 17-year-old male student on several occasions without coercion or force.
Both Wentzky and the student gave sworn statements admitting the encounters, according to the arrest warrant.
Teachers who care: Police say teacher Kinsley Wentzky, 34, admitted to an affair with an unidentified 17-year-old student
Her boys: Wentzky's Myspage page brags about how well her 'children' treated her
The two engaged in sexual activity at least once on May 1 in a house, who's owner is not specified in the reports.
In South Carolina, the age of consent is 16.
An investigation into the pair's relationship is ongoing.
An arrest warrant for the teacher was served Friday afternoon. She was booked that day and a judge issues a $5,000 personal recognizance bond.
Dreher High School's website lists her as an English teacher at the school.
She describes herself as a happily married mother of two on her class web page and has been teaching at the school for seven years.
Wentzky was arrested by the Columbia Police Department, but is also under investigation in what officers described as a 'separate' case headed by the Forest Acres Police Department.
Popular: Wentzky was active with the school's baseball team and an English teacher for seven years
CPD officials said their department's investigation was begun because they gained victim information in partnership with the Forest Acres Police Department.
School officials have not comments on the case but have notified the state Department of Education.
She is a currently on paid administrative leave with the district.