Cynthia Lisa Mills: Mistress accused of helping lover hire a hit man to kill his wife
A 47-year-old woman is accused of helping her boyfriend hire a hit man to kill his wife.
Cynthia Lisa Mills, from Annapolis, Maryland, has been arrested for her connection to the murder-for-hire plot for which her boyfriend, Wendell Mansel, was arrested in August.
According to Anne Arundel County Police, Mills was having an affair with Mansel at the time and helped plan and provided some of the money used to hire the police officer who posed as a hit man.
When he met the undercover officer about the murder, he had a gun and valuables with him which he intended to use as partial payment for the hit.
Mansel was charged with attempted capital murder, murder-for-hire and soliciting murder-for-hire.
Mills is charged with conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, solicitation of murder, and attempted first-degree murder. She is being held without bond.
Police only discovered their affair after Mansel was arrested.
She turned herself in to Anne Arundel police after investigators obtained a warrant for her arrest on Friday, police said.
Mansel’s attorney, Peter Greenspun, said his client is on leave from the Department of Energy, though he declined to specify his job there.
Mansel is also a Navy reservist who served in Afghanistan, Greenspun said.
'He’s a guy with a fantastic and productive background who’s served his country well. This is a difficult and tragic situation, and we’re working through it.'
- A man having sex with a goat and a naked woman straddling a statue: Ancient Roman frescoes get a modern artistic makeover
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- British girl caught having sex in Virgin aeroplane toilets as her PARENTS sat nearby
- Nine suspected Al Qaeda members on trial in Yemen accused of plotting to kill the country's president and kidnap foreigners
- 'I lost nearly 2 stone in 24 HOURS': Sport scientist proves rapid weight loss IS possible (if you're prepared to exercise wearing bin bags, eat no carbs and drink nothing)
- Victims' families call Bulger 'Satan,' 'terrorist'
- Widow of Dallas cop gunned down by JFK killer Lee Harvey Oswald forgives him
- Rap Genius' Mahbod Moghadam had brain tumor that made him mean
- Student posted 'revenge porn' nude pics of his ex-girlfriend because she 'gave evidence to cops about a burglary he was involved in'
- English teacher, 34, arrested for having sex with 17-year-old student seven times
- Local businessmen gather for Hall of Fame induction
- Man plotting a murder butt dials his intended victim while talking to the hit man about how he should make it 'look like an accident'
- Atlanta man's body found In California missing organs
- Pizza delivery man 'caught on hidden camera having sex with family dog'
- David Nabhan can 'predict earthquakes' and says next one in US will be on July 12
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Born into brothels: Behind the scenes of Kolkata's notorious red-light district where thousands of girls are forced into sex work
- Police launch all-out search for amorous couple filmed having sex on public fountain in Russia
- Phenix City Board of Education motions to dismiss lawsuit filed against them
- Dougherty Gang sibling Lee Grace posed naked in XXX photo
- Girl, 15, tries to commit suicide after naked picture of her is posted online
- Sex maniac doctor who used medical images as porn, sent naked selfies to patient ... and sexted DURING C-sections
- Serena Williams tops Victoria Azarenka to win U.S. Open title
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
- Lightning sparks 2 Gwinnett Co. house fires
- Bruce Lee didn't drink, but CGI Bruce Lee is in this liquor ad
- 2 College Students Killed Exploring Cave
- Paul McCartney writes to Putin asking to free Greenpeace protesters
- Homeless mother fights to breastfeed in public
- Kid-killing rapist found guilty of murdering 6-year-old boy who was trying to save his sister from fiend's brutal attack
- Janet Jackson 'secretly engaged to Qatari billionaire Wissam Al Mana'
- Deputies: Guyton man had sex on video with underage boy and dog
- Catholic girls' school teacher admits lesbian affair with student, 17, after plying her with alcohol
- Richmond County's handicap parking enforcement lags behind Columbia County
- Attacks in Iraq around religious ritual kill 22
- Michigan mother Chelsea Traxler and her unborn child killed in car accident
- Dog the Bounty Hunter's Daughter Lyssa Chapman Arrested in HI
- Vernett Bader stabs roommate for refusing to stop playing music by The Eagles
- 'This whole thing -- it's a mess!' Obama's health care 'fix' angers insurance companies
- Abercrombie & Fitch finally says sorry for fat comments
- Nude pictures of high school girls posted to porn site investigated by Pennsylvania police
- Fort Lauderdale Spring Break the 1980s
- 18 iPads Stolen From Target Store in Buckhead
- Zumba teacher Alexis Wright 'put secretly-filmed videos of her liaisons with clients on her personal porn channel'
- Abercrombie blasted for firing worker in hijab
- FLOTUS, you've missed your calling! Michelle Obama gets theatrical on stage during 'Careers in Film' symposium at the White House
- Simon Cowell: The secret to success is being rubbish at school
- The great celebrity shoe's who: Yes, those vertiginous YSL heels are Kate Winslet's. But, as stars donate their favourite pairs to charity, can you match the other celebrities to their footwear?
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|