Nikki Scherwitz: Married teacher and mother 'had sex with her 16-year-old student'
More from The Crime Scene
- Nevada Father Christopher Sena 'made his own children have sex with family dog'
- Military veteran gunman Bradley Stone on the loose after 'shooting dead five people in domestic dispute' outside Philadelphia
- Sylvia Majewska allegedly slit disabled son’s throat and killed his baby daughter
- Mississippi cheerleader Jessica Chambers found on fire next to her burning car
- Pennsylvania man Gregory Graf ‘killed stepdaughter and filmed himself having sex with corpse’
A 25-year-old high school teacher has been jailed for allegedly having a sexual relationship with her 16-year-old student, which was discovered after she turned up at a prom after party drunk and scantily-clad.
Nikki Scherwitz, who taught 10th Grade English at Brazosport High School, Houston, was charged with sexual assault of a child and improper relationship with a student.
The boy is believed to have been in her class. She had only worked at the school for nine months.
Freeport police said the sexual relationship had been going on for weeks.
She and her husband had separated before the alleged relationship took place. They have a son who is said to be staying with his father.
According to KHOU.com, authorities were tipped off after Scherwitz turned up to an after-prom party on April 20 at a student's house.
One of the students who was at the party told the TV station: 'She was wearing no shoes when she showed up…like a cut up, cut off shirt and everything.' She is also believed to have been drinking.
Another student told her it wasn't right for her to be there and asked her to leave. She and the 16-year-old student then allegedly left together.
Resigned: She had only been working at Brazosport High School for nine months - the boy is said to have been in her class
Two days later, the 25-year-old resigned after school officials began their investigation following the allegations of misconduct.
The case was then handed over to the Freeport Police Department who moved forward with filing charges.
'The relationship started with text messaging, which led to explicit text messaging, which led to the relationship,' said Raymond Garivey with the Freeport Police Department.
She is currently out on a $50,000 bond.