Nebraska man Anthony Utterback acquitted after stabbing his wife's lover to death
A 24-year-old Omaha man who stabbed his wife's lover to death on Valentine's Day has been acquitted of his murder and may reconcile with his wife.
Anthony Utterback was charged with second-degree murder following the fatal stabbing of Ryan O'Donnell, 24, in February.
Omaha.com reports Utterback's wife, 23-year-old Ashley Killian, frequently cheated on her husband with O'Donnell.
On February 14, Utterback drove to O'Donnell's Omaha home before the pair brawled.
O'Donnell hit Utterback in the leg with a crow bar, while Utterback pulled out a knife and stabbed his wife's lover in the heart, killing him. Killian witnessed the attack.
Utterback was charged with involuntary manslaughter.
However jurors last week acquitted Utterback because they didn't believe there was enough evidence to prove that he struck the first blow. Killian said she didn't see who lashed out first.
The jurors insisted there was "no way" Utterback could have known his knife would hit O'Donnell's heart "unless he was a doctor".
Despite admitting she regularly cheated on her husband, Killian stood by Utterback in court.
The serial cheater also celebrated Utterback's release by posting "Praise the lord" on her Facebook page, above pictures of her new boyfriend.
It has been reported the acquittal has left open the possibility that Utterback could reconcile with Killian.
Read more at Omaha.com.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- Photo shows Boston Bomber widow Katherine Russell after her arrest for shoplifting from Old Navy in 2007
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31