Kentucky Daycare worker Alicia Lyons 'duct taped a child to his mat during naptime'
More from The Crime Scene
- New York woman Latisha Fisher arrested over killing of toddler son in 5 Boro Burger restaurant
- Indiana woman Purvi Patel who said she had a miscarriage is jailed for murdering unborn baby
- Rape victim filmed probation officer Zachary Thomas Bailey raping her so police would believe her
- Body in the barrel accused killer Christopher McNatt makes court appearance in California
- Milwaukee man Darrick Guider accused of raping and impregnating a ten-year-old girl
A day care worker in northern Kentucky is accused of taping a child to a mat.
A police report says 20-year-old Alicia Lyons admits to taping an 18-month-old boy to a mat on the floor to get him to calm down and go to sleep.
Co-workers at the daycare reported her to police.
"She's been charged with criminal abuse in the first degree that is in this case intentionally in this case causing cruel confinement to a child," said Rob Sanders, Commonwealth Attorney.
The boy didn't appear to be injured.
Lyons was fired and the daycare says it immediately contacted the Kentucky Inspector General's Office. The day care center said it will soon be installing video camera equipment for all three of its locations.
Mustard Seeds daycare fired Lyons immediately and turned her in to police after another coworker saw the alleged incident. The child was not injured