Kentucky Daycare worker Alicia Lyons 'duct taped a child to his mat during naptime'
More from The Crime Scene
- Alecia Dotson: Elementary school aide in Florida accused of sending explicit texts to 11-year-old student
- Mass shooting at Charleston church in South Carolina leaves 9 dead
- Texas dad Anthony Powell charged with murdering son over ‘lack of progress’ in potty training
- Apartment where the walls started oozing BLOOD leads to the discovery of dead neighbor upstairs
- Pregnant 14-year-old beaten by own family members to induce abortion
A day care worker in northern Kentucky is accused of taping a child to a mat.
A police report says 20-year-old Alicia Lyons admits to taping an 18-month-old boy to a mat on the floor to get him to calm down and go to sleep.
Co-workers at the daycare reported her to police.
"She's been charged with criminal abuse in the first degree that is in this case intentionally in this case causing cruel confinement to a child," said Rob Sanders, Commonwealth Attorney.
The boy didn't appear to be injured.
Lyons was fired and the daycare says it immediately contacted the Kentucky Inspector General's Office. The day care center said it will soon be installing video camera equipment for all three of its locations.
Mustard Seeds daycare fired Lyons immediately and turned her in to police after another coworker saw the alleged incident. The child was not injured