Kentucky Daycare worker Alicia Lyons 'duct taped a child to his mat during naptime'
More from The Crime Scene
- Muslim substitute teacher Linda Hardan charged with sexually assaulting 16-year-old male student in the back of her car
- Vermont woman Robin O’Neill kills boyfriend and his son after calling off their engagement
- 101-year-old woman raped in her home by robber, just because he saw her in bed
- Babysitter Marybeth Rataic accused of having sex with couple's 10-year-old son while minding him
- Kansas woman in critical condition after being beaten, raped and set on fire
A day care worker in northern Kentucky is accused of taping a child to a mat.
A police report says 20-year-old Alicia Lyons admits to taping an 18-month-old boy to a mat on the floor to get him to calm down and go to sleep.
Co-workers at the daycare reported her to police.
"She's been charged with criminal abuse in the first degree that is in this case intentionally in this case causing cruel confinement to a child," said Rob Sanders, Commonwealth Attorney.
The boy didn't appear to be injured.
Lyons was fired and the daycare says it immediately contacted the Kentucky Inspector General's Office. The day care center said it will soon be installing video camera equipment for all three of its locations.
Mustard Seeds daycare fired Lyons immediately and turned her in to police after another coworker saw the alleged incident. The child was not injured