Kentucky Daycare worker Alicia Lyons 'duct taped a child to his mat during naptime'
More from The Crime Scene
- Nine dead in shoot-out between rival biker gangs at Texas restaurant
- North Dakota School superintendent Charles Soper accused of having sexual relationship with 15-year-old boy
- Imagine Charter School teacher Irene Khan admits sex with 14-year-old student
- Florida waitress Victoria Bachmann, 21, arrested after 'making $1,000 by altering tips on bills at seafood restaurant'
- Serial killer police believe murdered at least seven women named as William Devin Howell
A day care worker in northern Kentucky is accused of taping a child to a mat.
A police report says 20-year-old Alicia Lyons admits to taping an 18-month-old boy to a mat on the floor to get him to calm down and go to sleep.
Co-workers at the daycare reported her to police.
"She's been charged with criminal abuse in the first degree that is in this case intentionally in this case causing cruel confinement to a child," said Rob Sanders, Commonwealth Attorney.
The boy didn't appear to be injured.
Lyons was fired and the daycare says it immediately contacted the Kentucky Inspector General's Office. The day care center said it will soon be installing video camera equipment for all three of its locations.
Mustard Seeds daycare fired Lyons immediately and turned her in to police after another coworker saw the alleged incident. The child was not injured