Kentucky Daycare worker Alicia Lyons 'duct taped a child to his mat during naptime'
More from The Crime Scene
- Alabama girl Kierra’onna Rice, 14, shot dead during fight with other teens sparked by Facebook feud
- America’s Next Top Model contestant Mirjana Puhar killed in triple murder
- Retired police officer Glen Hochman 'shoots dead his two teen daughters and then himself' at their upstate NY home while his wife is out shopping
- Power Rangers star Ricardo Medina arrested after roommate is found stabbed to death
- California man Matthew Warner accused of sexually assaulting and murdering his 19-day-old daughter
A day care worker in northern Kentucky is accused of taping a child to a mat.
A police report says 20-year-old Alicia Lyons admits to taping an 18-month-old boy to a mat on the floor to get him to calm down and go to sleep.
Co-workers at the daycare reported her to police.
"She's been charged with criminal abuse in the first degree that is in this case intentionally in this case causing cruel confinement to a child," said Rob Sanders, Commonwealth Attorney.
The boy didn't appear to be injured.
Lyons was fired and the daycare says it immediately contacted the Kentucky Inspector General's Office. The day care center said it will soon be installing video camera equipment for all three of its locations.
Mustard Seeds daycare fired Lyons immediately and turned her in to police after another coworker saw the alleged incident. The child was not injured