Kentucky Daycare worker Alicia Lyons 'duct taped a child to his mat during naptime'
More from The Crime Scene
- Kansas man Michael Jones ‘beat his son to death and fed his corpse to pigs’
- Pennsylvania officer Lloyd Reed shot, killed by Ray Shetler after responding to domestic dispute call
- Waffle House customer Johnny Mount kills employee Julie Brightwell after she told him not to smoke in the restaurant
- Ohio Couple John and Christina Anderson and their son, 7, are killed in horror home break-in and shooting
- New Orleans playground shooting leaves 16 hurt, police say
A day care worker in northern Kentucky is accused of taping a child to a mat.
A police report says 20-year-old Alicia Lyons admits to taping an 18-month-old boy to a mat on the floor to get him to calm down and go to sleep.
Co-workers at the daycare reported her to police.
"She's been charged with criminal abuse in the first degree that is in this case intentionally in this case causing cruel confinement to a child," said Rob Sanders, Commonwealth Attorney.
The boy didn't appear to be injured.
Lyons was fired and the daycare says it immediately contacted the Kentucky Inspector General's Office. The day care center said it will soon be installing video camera equipment for all three of its locations.
Mustard Seeds daycare fired Lyons immediately and turned her in to police after another coworker saw the alleged incident. The child was not injured