Kentucky Daycare worker Alicia Lyons 'duct taped a child to his mat during naptime'
More from The Crime Scene
- Teacher Amber Anderson, 27, caught two years after having sexual relationship with 15-year-old student apologizes for 'taking his innocence'
- Married Mormon sixth grade teacher, 27, Kenne Worthen had 'started sexual relationship with his student, 12,
- Female math teacher Kaitlyn Granado, 24, arrested for 'having sex with student in her car'
- Woman in online relationship with ‘boyfriend’ for 2 years bashes him in head with bat at first meeting
- Teacher Jennifer Rexroat accused of soliciting 15-year-old student ‘to engage in oral sex’
A day care worker in northern Kentucky is accused of taping a child to a mat.
A police report says 20-year-old Alicia Lyons admits to taping an 18-month-old boy to a mat on the floor to get him to calm down and go to sleep.
Co-workers at the daycare reported her to police.
"She's been charged with criminal abuse in the first degree that is in this case intentionally in this case causing cruel confinement to a child," said Rob Sanders, Commonwealth Attorney.
The boy didn't appear to be injured.
Lyons was fired and the daycare says it immediately contacted the Kentucky Inspector General's Office. The day care center said it will soon be installing video camera equipment for all three of its locations.
Mustard Seeds daycare fired Lyons immediately and turned her in to police after another coworker saw the alleged incident. The child was not injured