Louisiana teacher Heather Lasseigne Chiasson accused of having sex with student
More from The Crime Scene
- Teacher Amber Anderson, 27, caught two years after having sexual relationship with 15-year-old student apologizes for 'taking his innocence'
- Married Mormon sixth grade teacher, 27, Kenne Worthen had 'started sexual relationship with his student, 12,
- Female math teacher Kaitlyn Granado, 24, arrested for 'having sex with student in her car'
- Woman in online relationship with ‘boyfriend’ for 2 years bashes him in head with bat at first meeting
- Teacher Jennifer Rexroat accused of soliciting 15-year-old student ‘to engage in oral sex’
A teacher at South Lafourche High School in Louisiana is accused having sexual relations with a 17-year-old student she taught last year.
Heather Lasseigne Chiasson, 29, faces a misdemeanor charge of prohibited sexual conduct between an educator and a student and is suspended from her job.
Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre says detectives questioned the male student, who detailed the alleged sexual relationship with Chiasson, who taught him last year.
Webre says the student described a "flirtatious relationship" that allegedly escalated into sexual activity, including intercourse. He says the student also showed detectives numerous text messages - some of a graphic sexual nature - apparently exchanged with Chiasson.
The school discovered the alleged relationship Friday, according to school spokesman Floyd Benoit, CBS affiliate WWL reports. School Superintendent Jo Ann Matthews says Chiasson was suspended pending the results of the investigation.
According to WWL, police say Chiasson faces a misdemeanor, rather than a more severe charge of carnal knowledge of a juvenile, because the student was 17 at the time of the alleged incident.