Police charge teen Rashad Stoves in killings of 5 in Alabama
More from The Crime Scene
- Vermont woman Robin O’Neill kills boyfriend and his son after calling off their engagement
- 101-year-old woman raped in her home by robber, just because he saw her in bed
- Babysitter Marybeth Rataic accused of having sex with couple's 10-year-old son while minding him
- Kansas woman in critical condition after being beaten, raped and set on fire
- Female special education teacher Shauna Sims, 35, accused of having sex with a 14-year-old boy
A 17-year-old has been charged in connection with the murders of five men found dead in a Birmingham home over the weekend, according to police.
Rashad Stoves is charged with five counts of capital murder in the shooting deaths of 19-year-old Demetrius Sanford; 23-year-old Jeffery Davis Jr.; 42-year-old Ronnie James Render; 23-year-old; Jonathan Sanchez; and 21-year-old Charles Render, all of whom died early Sunday.
According to CBS affiliate WIAT, the investigation is ongoing.
"We are pleased to have this first suspect charged and members of the department continue to work diligently to identify every single individual involved in this horrific crime," said Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper
Investigators also obtained one robbery in the first degree and on attempted murder warrant for Stoves in two unrelated cases.