Police charge teen Rashad Stoves in killings of 5 in Alabama
More from The Crime Scene
- Nine dead in shoot-out between rival biker gangs at Texas restaurant
- North Dakota School superintendent Charles Soper accused of having sexual relationship with 15-year-old boy
- Imagine Charter School teacher Irene Khan admits sex with 14-year-old student
- Florida waitress Victoria Bachmann, 21, arrested after 'making $1,000 by altering tips on bills at seafood restaurant'
- Serial killer police believe murdered at least seven women named as William Devin Howell
A 17-year-old has been charged in connection with the murders of five men found dead in a Birmingham home over the weekend, according to police.
Rashad Stoves is charged with five counts of capital murder in the shooting deaths of 19-year-old Demetrius Sanford; 23-year-old Jeffery Davis Jr.; 42-year-old Ronnie James Render; 23-year-old; Jonathan Sanchez; and 21-year-old Charles Render, all of whom died early Sunday.
According to CBS affiliate WIAT, the investigation is ongoing.
"We are pleased to have this first suspect charged and members of the department continue to work diligently to identify every single individual involved in this horrific crime," said Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper
Investigators also obtained one robbery in the first degree and on attempted murder warrant for Stoves in two unrelated cases.