Police charge teen Rashad Stoves in killings of 5 in Alabama
More from The Crime Scene
- First picture: Mom beheaded by her son who then kicked severed head down street
- Man beheads woman then jumps in front of train in Long Island, New York
- Cop Patrick Quinn Charged Over Foot-Sniffing Allegations
- West Virginia man Jonnie Boggess arrested after having 'gentle sexual intercourse' with his pet dog
- Indiana man shoots dead neighbor, 13, after he found teen laughing at him
A 17-year-old has been charged in connection with the murders of five men found dead in a Birmingham home over the weekend, according to police.
Rashad Stoves is charged with five counts of capital murder in the shooting deaths of 19-year-old Demetrius Sanford; 23-year-old Jeffery Davis Jr.; 42-year-old Ronnie James Render; 23-year-old; Jonathan Sanchez; and 21-year-old Charles Render, all of whom died early Sunday.
According to CBS affiliate WIAT, the investigation is ongoing.
"We are pleased to have this first suspect charged and members of the department continue to work diligently to identify every single individual involved in this horrific crime," said Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper
Investigators also obtained one robbery in the first degree and on attempted murder warrant for Stoves in two unrelated cases.