Police charge teen Rashad Stoves in killings of 5 in Alabama
More from The Crime Scene
- Mass shooting at Charleston church in South Carolina leaves 9 dead
- Texas dad Anthony Powell charged with murdering son over ‘lack of progress’ in potty training
- Apartment where the walls started oozing BLOOD leads to the discovery of dead neighbor upstairs
- Pregnant 14-year-old beaten by own family members to induce abortion
- Dispute over last rib at a barbecue 'leads to fork in the eye'
A 17-year-old has been charged in connection with the murders of five men found dead in a Birmingham home over the weekend, according to police.
Rashad Stoves is charged with five counts of capital murder in the shooting deaths of 19-year-old Demetrius Sanford; 23-year-old Jeffery Davis Jr.; 42-year-old Ronnie James Render; 23-year-old; Jonathan Sanchez; and 21-year-old Charles Render, all of whom died early Sunday.
According to CBS affiliate WIAT, the investigation is ongoing.
"We are pleased to have this first suspect charged and members of the department continue to work diligently to identify every single individual involved in this horrific crime," said Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper
Investigators also obtained one robbery in the first degree and on attempted murder warrant for Stoves in two unrelated cases.