Police charge teen Rashad Stoves in killings of 5 in Alabama
More from The Crime Scene
- Deputy Darren Goforth shot dead while filling tank at gas station near Houston
- State labor commissioner Mark Costello stabbed to death at Oklahoma City restaurant
- Ex-Ravens cheerleader Molly Shattuck sentenced for rape
- Florida teen Jose Guardado hacked by a machete and buried alive by four students
- Police: Ohio mom Brittany Pilkington says she killed 3 young sons in 13 months
A 17-year-old has been charged in connection with the murders of five men found dead in a Birmingham home over the weekend, according to police.
Rashad Stoves is charged with five counts of capital murder in the shooting deaths of 19-year-old Demetrius Sanford; 23-year-old Jeffery Davis Jr.; 42-year-old Ronnie James Render; 23-year-old; Jonathan Sanchez; and 21-year-old Charles Render, all of whom died early Sunday.
According to CBS affiliate WIAT, the investigation is ongoing.
"We are pleased to have this first suspect charged and members of the department continue to work diligently to identify every single individual involved in this horrific crime," said Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper
Investigators also obtained one robbery in the first degree and on attempted murder warrant for Stoves in two unrelated cases.