Police charge teen Rashad Stoves in killings of 5 in Alabama
More from The Crime Scene
- Two people shot dead in murder-suicide at Manhattan Home Depot
- Jonathon Walker Murders: Three shot dead at family home in Queens, New York
- Former volunteer firefighter John P. Corcoran charged with sexually abusing 14 children
- Oklahoma teacher Daresa Poe admits to having sex with student in teachers’ lounge
- Man accused of robbing co-worker at gunpoint and showing up to work
A 17-year-old has been charged in connection with the murders of five men found dead in a Birmingham home over the weekend, according to police.
Rashad Stoves is charged with five counts of capital murder in the shooting deaths of 19-year-old Demetrius Sanford; 23-year-old Jeffery Davis Jr.; 42-year-old Ronnie James Render; 23-year-old; Jonathan Sanchez; and 21-year-old Charles Render, all of whom died early Sunday.
According to CBS affiliate WIAT, the investigation is ongoing.
"We are pleased to have this first suspect charged and members of the department continue to work diligently to identify every single individual involved in this horrific crime," said Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper
Investigators also obtained one robbery in the first degree and on attempted murder warrant for Stoves in two unrelated cases.