Police charge teen Rashad Stoves in killings of 5 in Alabama
More from The Crime Scene
- Ohio Couple John and Christina Anderson and their son, 7, are killed in horror home break-in and shooting
- New Orleans playground shooting leaves 16 hurt, police say
- ‘Pregnant’ woman stabbed to death and her baby ‘surgically removed’ in brutal attack
- Twisted boyfriend Gawain Wilson shoots his baby twins dead as they were held in their mother's arms
- Houston mom Rochelle Brown is accused of stabbing her 2-month-old baby to death
A 17-year-old has been charged in connection with the murders of five men found dead in a Birmingham home over the weekend, according to police.
Rashad Stoves is charged with five counts of capital murder in the shooting deaths of 19-year-old Demetrius Sanford; 23-year-old Jeffery Davis Jr.; 42-year-old Ronnie James Render; 23-year-old; Jonathan Sanchez; and 21-year-old Charles Render, all of whom died early Sunday.
According to CBS affiliate WIAT, the investigation is ongoing.
"We are pleased to have this first suspect charged and members of the department continue to work diligently to identify every single individual involved in this horrific crime," said Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper
Investigators also obtained one robbery in the first degree and on attempted murder warrant for Stoves in two unrelated cases.