Police charge teen Rashad Stoves in killings of 5 in Alabama
More from The Crime Scene
- Sex offender James Horn Jr on the run after 'locking his girlfriend in a box for four months'
- North Carolina teaching assistant Rebecca Ann Morgan fired after alleged sexual behavior with 17-year-old girl
- Shelter worker Ann Charle gunned down by ex-resident after escaping rape
- Ohio State marching band instructor Stewart Kitchen is charged with 'raping and kidnapping' student
- Teacher Amber Anderson, 27, caught two years after having sexual relationship with 15-year-old student apologizes for 'taking his innocence'
A 17-year-old has been charged in connection with the murders of five men found dead in a Birmingham home over the weekend, according to police.
Rashad Stoves is charged with five counts of capital murder in the shooting deaths of 19-year-old Demetrius Sanford; 23-year-old Jeffery Davis Jr.; 42-year-old Ronnie James Render; 23-year-old; Jonathan Sanchez; and 21-year-old Charles Render, all of whom died early Sunday.
According to CBS affiliate WIAT, the investigation is ongoing.
"We are pleased to have this first suspect charged and members of the department continue to work diligently to identify every single individual involved in this horrific crime," said Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper
Investigators also obtained one robbery in the first degree and on attempted murder warrant for Stoves in two unrelated cases.