Police charge teen Rashad Stoves in killings of 5 in Alabama
More from The Crime Scene
- Burglary suspect Roy Pilkington falls through attic floor
- Oklahoma woman Hannah Secondi accused of leaving child in hot car while she shopped at Walmart
- Nevada woman Jennifer Mustachia 'threatened to feed dead man's body to disabled sister during torture'
- Missouri man Kyle Webb killed his dad by lying on his head to 'prove a point'
- Former teacher Erin Agren ‘killed husband, toddler, then shot self’
A 17-year-old has been charged in connection with the murders of five men found dead in a Birmingham home over the weekend, according to police.
Rashad Stoves is charged with five counts of capital murder in the shooting deaths of 19-year-old Demetrius Sanford; 23-year-old Jeffery Davis Jr.; 42-year-old Ronnie James Render; 23-year-old; Jonathan Sanchez; and 21-year-old Charles Render, all of whom died early Sunday.
According to CBS affiliate WIAT, the investigation is ongoing.
"We are pleased to have this first suspect charged and members of the department continue to work diligently to identify every single individual involved in this horrific crime," said Birmingham Police Chief A.C. Roper
Investigators also obtained one robbery in the first degree and on attempted murder warrant for Stoves in two unrelated cases.