Michigan: Detroit teen Joshua Smith who killed mother gets 25-50 years in prison
A teenage boy will spend the next 25 to 50 years in prison for slaying his 36-year-old mother in their Detroit home.
Joshua Smith was sentenced Friday in Wayne County Circuit Court.
The 14-year-old shot and killed Tamiko Robinson as she slept on Feb. 27. Police say the shooting followed an argument.
Smith was charged as an adult and pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in September.
In a statement to police, Smith said he was tired of being called names. His stepfather's shotgun was used to kill Robinson.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- True love or just a Green Card? Season two of 90 Day Fiancé follows six Americans as they prepare to marry the foreign spouses they hardly know
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31