Michigan: Detroit teen Joshua Smith who killed mother gets 25-50 years in prison
More from Local
- Passenger in his 30s dies in his sleep on flight from Denver to Salt Lake City
- Florida man Jesus Maqueira arrested, charged with murder of missing Miami woman Raquel Maria Calderin
- Penn basketball star Matthew White killed by wife who caught him looking at child porn'
- Female school librarian Marisa Anton 'burst into tears' after being caught in police sting after she pestered 16-year-old student for sex
- The family with FIVE killers: Gunman who shot dead man in robbery follows in footsteps of uncle, mother and two brothers
A teenage boy will spend the next 25 to 50 years in prison for slaying his 36-year-old mother in their Detroit home.
Joshua Smith was sentenced Friday in Wayne County Circuit Court.
The 14-year-old shot and killed Tamiko Robinson as she slept on Feb. 27. Police say the shooting followed an argument.
Smith was charged as an adult and pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in September.
In a statement to police, Smith said he was tired of being called names. His stepfather's shotgun was used to kill Robinson.