Pregnant woman Harmony Stair, 32, charged with manslaughter after unborn baby dies in DUI crash
More from Local
- Passenger in his 30s dies in his sleep on flight from Denver to Salt Lake City
- Florida man Jesus Maqueira arrested, charged with murder of missing Miami woman Raquel Maria Calderin
- Penn basketball star Matthew White killed by wife who caught him looking at child porn'
- Female school librarian Marisa Anton 'burst into tears' after being caught in police sting after she pestered 16-year-old student for sex
- Marketing executive Natalie Egleston dies in Aspen ski tragedy after another female skier slams into her
A young mother has been indicted in the death of her unborn child for allegedly driving under the influence in the crash that ultimately killed him.
Harmony Stair, 32, was driving around Christmas in 2011 in Christiansburg, Virginia when she got into a two-car accident.
She was pregnant at the time of the collision; her son, Caiden, died two days later from injuries allegedly sustained in the accident.
The Roanoke Times reports that Stair crashed her car at the intersection of U.S. 450 and North Main Street in Blacksburg.
Following the wreck, Stair was airlifted to a nearby hospital and delivered her son, Caiden, by emergency C-section. He died two days later.
According to the medical examiner’s autopsy report, the newborn died from injuries sustained in the crash.
The Times reports that both Stair and her infant son had alcohol in their systems following the crash, though their BAC is unclear.
Stair admitted to consuming alcohol ahead of the crash, according to a search warrant filed in January of this year.
Stair was convicted of a DUI several years ago and was sentenced a year of probation.
Location: The accident occurred in December 2011 at an intersection in Blacksburg, Virginia