DUI suspect Sherri Wilkins 'drives more than 2 miles with man she fatally struck stuck in the windshield of her car'
An alleged drunk driver not only hit a pedestrian but sped along with the fatally wounded man on her windshield for more than 2 miles before she stopped the car, police said.
Torrance, Calif., woman Sherri Wilkins, 51, was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving and manslaughter charges Saturday night.
Philip Moreno, 31, was crossing Torrance Boulevard at about 11:25 p.m. when Wilkins drove her car into him.
Drunk: Sherri Wilkins had a blood-alcohol level twice the legal limit when she struck Philip Moreno and drove 2.3 miles with his body stuck in her windshield
She kept going with Moreno 'embedded in her windshield' for 2.3 miles before witnesses finally
Victim: Moreno was pronounced dead at the hospital
persuaded her to pull her car over near Crenshaw Boulevard and 182nd Street.
'He is literally embedded in her hood and into the windshield,' Torrance Police Sgt. Robert Watt told the Los Angeles Daily News.
'She knew he was somehow embedded into her car but she panicked.'
There were no witnesses who saw Wilkins hit him but she was going fast enough Moreno was knocked out of his shoes and shorts.
Moreno was in critical condition when emergency services reached him but was aware enough to speak to officers at the scene.
He was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Wilkins blood alcohol was more than double the legal limit.
She told officers she was driving home from work.
Police are still searching for witnesses who saw the accident.
Freed: Police said Moreno was still able to speak to them when he was pulled from the car windshield
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Jealous woman Giselle Esteban jailed for 25 years after murdering her best friend 'in cold blood' over love rival
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Augusta murder conviction affirmed
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31