- New HEG poll of early Georgia voters shows Reps leading with over 50 percent in Senate, Governor races
- 2 People Dead After Small plane hits airport building in Wichita, KS
- Isis behead 30 people in Iraq
- Police looking for pregnant, cape-wearing robbery suspect
- J Lo says panic attack led to divorce from Marc Anthony
- Rap Mogul Suge Knight Charged With Robbery
- Brain Cancer Patient Brittany Maynard Delays Assisted Death
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 to win World Series
- NY woman Catherine Butler dressed as zombie arrested for DWI twice within 3 hours
- Full list of movies arriving, leaving Netflix in November
Groom Timothy Thompson arrested on his way to wedding 'for driving 100mph'
More from Local
- Passenger in his 30s dies in his sleep on flight from Denver to Salt Lake City
- Florida man Jesus Maqueira arrested, charged with murder of missing Miami woman Raquel Maria Calderin
- Penn basketball star Matthew White killed by wife who caught him looking at child porn'
- Female school librarian Marisa Anton 'burst into tears' after being caught in police sting after she pestered 16-year-old student for sex
- The family with FIVE killers: Gunman who shot dead man in robbery follows in footsteps of uncle, mother and two brothers
A would-be groom has reportedly spent his wedding night in jail after police allegedly caught him driving at 100 mph to get to the church on time.
Timothy N. Thompson, 23, of Valparaiso, Indiana was heading to his 7pm ceremony at the Nativity of Our Savior Church on Saturday when an officer spotted him speeding around 6.30pm.
Thompson, who the officer predicted was travelling at 100mph, was driving erratically, abruptly switching lanes and almost totalling his Jeep Grand Cherokee, the police report noted.
Officers followed in close pursuit as he turned into the church's parking lot and watched as he nearly tipped over the vehicle, the Northwest Indiana Times reported.
Three relatives were waving their arms and shouting at Thompson as he drove into the parking lot, before he accelerated and performed a 'doughnut', making a thick blanket of smoke, police said.
Scene: He allegedly performed a 'doughnut' in the parking lot and told police he had just got out of jail
When he finally stopped the car, Thompson told police that he was late for his wedding.
He also said he had just been released from jail earlier that day.
He claimed he was driving 'about 90 mph' and said he had his emergency lights on and was sounding his horn so drivers knew to get out of the way, the Times reported.
When an officer walked away from his vehicle, he climbed back inside and drove towards the church.
As police stopped him again, he reportedly said: 'Oh, I thought you were done and I'm late for a party in Chicago. It now means I have to drive really fast to get there.'
Instead of heading inside to wait for his bride, Thompson was arrested for resisting law enforcement, criminal recklessness and reckless driving. He was also cited for speeding and improper passing.
He did not make his wedding and was instead taken to Porter County Jail, where he was held without bond.