Gray Bonnet Girl of Ga.'s 121st Regiment Remembered
At 16, Lauta Averett captured many hearts. She was the Gray Bonnet Girl, chosen to greet her heroes' homecoming - Georgia's 121st Regiment - during World War II. "To think about our mom doing that and being the gray bonnet girl, we couldn't believe it, we'd say mom! That's you?," says Lauta Clark, Averett's daughter. Averett beat out about 200 girls to claim the title of a contest she didn'...
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Wife of Indian minister Shashi Tharoor died 'suddenly and unnaturally'
- Oregon woman Joan Zuber has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31