Macon pastor Teddy Parker Jr reportedly commits suicide following service
More from Macon
- Paulding woman Delores Sibert killed, teen injured in Cobb County crash
- Police arrest Jonathan Irving, Christopher Snelson accused of committing violent crimes in Atlanta
- Police arrest Jonathan Arnold and Donell Davis accused of altering VIN numbers, recycling vehicles
- Clayton County investigator Marcus Pittman dies in car accident
- Bibb man Wesley Drawhorn accidently shoots girlfriend while cleaning gun
The pastor of a Macon church fatally shot himself outside his home after Sunday morning service, a coroner says.
The Rev. Teddy Parker Jr., pastor of Bibb Mount Zion Baptist Church, 3268 Avondale Mill Road, Macon, was found dead at his home. following service.
His wife found him in the driveway of their Warner Robins home with a self-inflicted gunshot wound, said Houston County Coroner Danny Galpin.
Parker, 41, and wife Larrinecia Sims Parker have two daughters, according to the church's website.
Parker attended high school in Fairbanks Alaska and attended Theology International Seminary in Plymouth, Fla.
He entered the ministry when he was 22 and was ordained at Fellowship Bible Baptist Church, 431 Dunbar Road, Warner Robins, where he also taught Sunday school and served as a youth pastor, the church's website states.
"We consider this a private matter between the family and the BMZ church family. We kindly ask that the public respects our privacy at this time," said Lakesia Toomer, a church official.
Funeral services are pending, Toomer said.