Alabama hunter Chad Cross saves own life after rattlesnake bit him
Chad Cross was hunting for turkey in the woods in Alabama when a venomous pit viper rattlesnake bit him in the lower left leg. Nervous and scared, the Montgomery resident attempted to calm himself and slow his heart rate so as to prevent the quick spreading of the deadly venom throughout his body. He then made a move that saved his life. He pulled out his $10 snake-bite kit.
“Best way I can describe it is someone taking a full swing with a baseball bat and hitting me in my calf,” Cross told WSFA.
“I knew I had to calm down and get my heart rate down because the faster my heart was pumping, I knew the faster than venom was going through my system.”
Cross opened his Bite & Sting venom extraction kit and read the directions. He’s carried it with him on hunting trips for years but never knew how to use it.
He stuck the tip of the extractor over the bite, pushed the plunger down and pulled it up, creating a suction that brought the venom with it. Then he went to get treatment. His on-camera demonstration shows how the skin is sucked up, and thus, the venom is sucked out.
“That’s what pulled it all out and I think saved my life,” he told WSFA.
The doctor told him as much, saying without using the kit, he would have died before he ever made it to his truck.
- Australian Jodie Rose who married Le Pont du Diable BRIDGE celebrates 1st anniversary
- British girl caught having sex in Virgin aeroplane toilets as her PARENTS sat nearby
- Student posted 'revenge porn' nude pics of his ex-girlfriend because she 'gave evidence to cops about a burglary he was involved in'
- English teacher, 34, arrested for having sex with 17-year-old student seven times
- Pizza delivery man 'caught on hidden camera having sex with family dog'
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Born into brothels: Behind the scenes of Kolkata's notorious red-light district where thousands of girls are forced into sex work
- Sex maniac doctor who used medical images as porn, sent naked selfies to patient ... and sexted DURING C-sections
- Girl, 15, tries to commit suicide after naked picture of her is posted online
- Police launch all-out search for amorous couple filmed having sex on public fountain in Russia
- Dougherty Gang sibling Lee Grace posed naked in XXX photo
- Nine suspected Al Qaeda members on trial in Yemen accused of plotting to kill the country's president and kidnap foreigners
- Gloom with a view: Abandoned German hotel that once allowed only the finest people to enter but is now home to bugs and cockroaches
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- Meet the big game huntresses who have killed more than 70 species
- 'I lost nearly 2 stone in 24 HOURS': Sport scientist proves rapid weight loss IS possible (if you're prepared to exercise wearing bin bags, eat no carbs and drink nothing)
- David Nabhan can 'predict earthquakes' and says next one in US will be on July 12
- Pictured for the first time: Communist sect 'leader' accused of keeping three women as slaves for more than 30 years
- Attacks in Iraq around religious ritual kill 22
- Man plotting a murder butt dials his intended victim while talking to the hit man about how he should make it 'look like an accident'
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- Richmond County's handicap parking enforcement lags behind Columbia County
- Victims' families call Bulger 'Satan,' 'terrorist'
- Widow of Dallas cop gunned down by JFK killer Lee Harvey Oswald forgives him
- Rap Genius' Mahbod Moghadam had brain tumor that made him mean
- Phenix City Board of Education motions to dismiss lawsuit filed against them
- Local businessmen gather for Hall of Fame induction
- Paul McCartney writes to Putin asking to free Greenpeace protesters
- Atlanta man's body found In California missing organs
- Deputies: Guyton man had sex on video with underage boy and dog
- 'This whole thing -- it's a mess!' Obama's health care 'fix' angers insurance companies
- Supreme Court green-lights Obamacare birth-control showdown
- Simon Cowell: The secret to success is being rubbish at school
- Catholic girls' school teacher admits lesbian affair with student, 17, after plying her with alcohol
- The great celebrity shoe's who: Yes, those vertiginous YSL heels are Kate Winslet's. But, as stars donate their favourite pairs to charity, can you match the other celebrities to their footwear?
- Kid-killing rapist found guilty of murdering 6-year-old boy who was trying to save his sister from fiend's brutal attack
- Samsung to launch a wraparound screen next year: Rumours abound that new Galaxy model could have a THREE-sided screen
- Oprah Winfrey's father ordered to pay $70K to ex-wife after 'adultery with prostitute'
- LANCE ARMSTRONG WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Drugs cheat meets his accuser Emma O'Reilly
- Sex-for-drinks scandal called "mamading" rocks Mallorca bars
- Bruce Lee didn't drink, but CGI Bruce Lee is in this liquor ad
- Christmas comes early in Columbus with The Landings parade.
- TVA closing 8 coal units at plants in Ala. and Ky.
- Serena Williams tops Victoria Azarenka to win U.S. Open title
- Sierra Club, Georgia Watch host public meeting on Georgia Power rate hike
- Sorry Charlie's facade inspection to take place Friday
- UGA-Auburn game on CBS Saturday
- Nearly one-third of Cherry Tree Crossing families have moved out of complex
- British girl who performed sex act on 24 men in Magaluf 'told she would win holiday'
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|