Facebook Twitter RSS Syndication Crazy Sports Moments Girl Selfie Fail Bad Kiss Things Jerks Do Perfectly Timed Photos

Home | News | U.S. Headlines | Daytona Woman Katie Burson Dies After House Party Shooting

Daytona Woman Katie Burson Dies After House Party Shooting

By
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Katie Burson
Katie Burson

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- A woman who was shot in the head after a house party in Daytona Beach early Thursday has died, authorities said.

Authorities with the Volusia County Sheriff's Office said the shooting happened at about 4 a.m. on South Keech Street near Nova Road and International Speedway Boulevard.

Investigators said Katie Burson, 24, was shot in the head. Lashanna Bates, 22, was shot in the arm.

Burson died, authorities said. Police said Bates is expected to survive.

"I saw a young lady laying on the ground and apparently she was shot. That's all I seen. She was the one shot in the head," a witness who identified herself as Miss Brown said.

Witnesses said the shooting may have may have been in response to a fight at a nearby gas station earlier in the day.

Police said a witness noticed a green laser dot pointed at him. The witness ducked and then heard gun shots.

There was no description released of the car involved in the attack.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact police.

Read More: No tags for this article

Subscribe to comments feed Comments (11 posted)

08/12/2011 03:43:59
Love u katie r.I.p you gone but u will never be forgotten luv ya!
Ramona Harris 08/12/2011 12:03:06
Cousin Katie, know your memory will be cherised and we'll miss u!
yasheka wesley 08/13/2011 09:48:29
Hey sis it's hard to believe your gone!! !!! know that you will always be thought of and missed dearly!!! R.I.P LOVE U KATIE!!!
KASSIE 08/13/2011 10:13:18
I LOVE YOU KATIE. I CANT BELIEVE THIS. LOOK AT YOU, U ARE SO BEAUTIFUL :( MISS YOU SO MUCH ALREADY WTF ARE WE SUPPOST TO DO? :'(
R.I.P BESTIE,, BE WAITING FOR ME. BEST FRIENDS DURING AND AFTER LIFE! XXOXO
Shantavia 08/13/2011 10:45:42
I can't believe you are gone and I am going to miss you dearly ma. You will always be remember and I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
B. 08/14/2011 20:18:20
Katie, you made going to school enjoyable.you always had a smile and a laugh
your energy always positive. I will always remember you with love.
to your family, my heart goes out you. rest in peace sweet angel.
Rochelle 08/19/2011 22:14:50
hey katie..you dont know me but it I is a shame how the world is coming to a end I lost a aunt a year ago do to stupidity! I am angry for u n ur family u are a pretty girl I see god has u n a better place stay n prayer family as we all know she will be waiting for and watching over in note: me n,my family is praying for u lots of justic
angel 08/21/2011 01:10:39
katie i cant say enough how much you are going to be missed i pray your in heaven smiling down on us. the fam loves you and misses you dearly and we all pray for JJ and that god protects him his whole life thru. may god bless your soul and take you into his arms. save some room up there for me i love you!
Jim 08/30/2011 18:43:28
An angel has been taken back to God... I will miss you Katie
jim
Tiffany 04/03/2013 05:42:25
Damn I just found out I'm so sorry Katie and I love u soo much Damn this hurts my heart so bad
1 2 next total: 11 | displaying: 1 - 10

If you would like to post a comment please Sign in or Register

• Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline

U.S News & Headlines

Get the latest U.S. news headlines from Georgia Newsday!. Find breaking U.S. news, including expert analysis, commentaries and opinions on top U.S. stories.

• Email to a friend Email to a friend