Daytona Woman Katie Burson Dies After House Party Shooting
More from U.S. Headlines
- This man might be the dumbest criminal ever
- Officers caught on video brutally beating Floyd Dent for traffic violation (and lawyer claims one planted drugs in his car)
- Bald first lady? Michelle Obama’s 'Jeopardy!' appearance raises questions
- Two-year-old girl who was 'staggering around and kissing everything' was drunk
- Oregon man Christopher Robert Kling 'filmed blowing cannabis smoke into his baby son's mouth'
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- A woman who was shot in the head after a house party in Daytona Beach early Thursday has died, authorities said.
Authorities with the Volusia County Sheriff's Office said the shooting happened at about 4 a.m. on South Keech Street near Nova Road and International Speedway Boulevard.
Investigators said Katie Burson, 24, was shot in the head. Lashanna Bates, 22, was shot in the arm.
Burson died, authorities said. Police said Bates is expected to survive.
"I saw a young lady laying on the ground and apparently she was shot. That's all I seen. She was the one shot in the head," a witness who identified herself as Miss Brown said.
Witnesses said the shooting may have may have been in response to a fight at a nearby gas station earlier in the day.
Police said a witness noticed a green laser dot pointed at him. The witness ducked and then heard gun shots.
There was no description released of the car involved in the attack.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact police.