Teenage Boy Cody Riddle Drowns In Boone Lake
More from U.S. Headlines
- Matthew Jackson killed after his random act of kindness
- Couple who 'once ate discarded food' put $500,000 in Salvation Army kettle
- NY woman Brittany Leith survives car crash, killed trying to retrieve personal items
- San Francisco’s ‘Hot’ cop Chris Kohrs arrested for hit and run
- Preacher Gabriel Omogbo arrested after being accused of beating, robbing and raping escorts
SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. -- A teenager is dead after a camping trip on Boone Lake with friends. It happened on an island near Boone Lake Marina in Sullivan County.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department has released several facts about the investigation. They tell us 14-year-old Cody Riddle from Erwin was camping on the island with friends. He was last seen around 3 a.m. Saturday morning.
Officers tell News 5 his friend's parents first noticed him missing at 6 a.m. and called authorities when they still could not find him at 10 a.m.
The dive team was called in at 3 p.m. this afternoon, his body was found in about 10 feet of water. Officers say his family told investigators he could not swim. The investigation is ongoing, but officers say it does not not appear suspicious.