Teenage Boy Cody Riddle Drowns In Boone Lake
More from U.S. Headlines
- Kentucky sheriff's deputy appears to handcuff third-grader in controversial video
- Taco Bell employee fired for writing 'pig' on cop's to-go order
- Ohio police arrest Samuel Ray, David Price, Cindy Soeder in 'date rape' raid
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton arrested, booked; mugshot released
- Hundreds of strangers turn up for funeral of toddler Ember Warfel found in empty flat
SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. -- A teenager is dead after a camping trip on Boone Lake with friends. It happened on an island near Boone Lake Marina in Sullivan County.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department has released several facts about the investigation. They tell us 14-year-old Cody Riddle from Erwin was camping on the island with friends. He was last seen around 3 a.m. Saturday morning.
Officers tell News 5 his friend's parents first noticed him missing at 6 a.m. and called authorities when they still could not find him at 10 a.m.
The dive team was called in at 3 p.m. this afternoon, his body was found in about 10 feet of water. Officers say his family told investigators he could not swim. The investigation is ongoing, but officers say it does not not appear suspicious.