Teenage Boy Cody Riddle Drowns In Boone Lake
More from U.S. Headlines
- Report: Florida man Jose Caballero convicted of sex on Florida beach gets 2 1/2 years in prison
- It's over! Kourtney Kardashian breaks up with Scott Disick and the internet is VERY upset
- Shopper Cheryl Elkinton ‘hits manager with VCR player’ after getting frustrated with self-service machine
- Pennsylvania mom Cielo Torrez accused of leaving two children in car while at bar
- Ex-Disney CEO Michael Eisner says women are rarely beautiful AND funny; internet begs to differ
SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. -- A teenager is dead after a camping trip on Boone Lake with friends. It happened on an island near Boone Lake Marina in Sullivan County.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department has released several facts about the investigation. They tell us 14-year-old Cody Riddle from Erwin was camping on the island with friends. He was last seen around 3 a.m. Saturday morning.
Officers tell News 5 his friend's parents first noticed him missing at 6 a.m. and called authorities when they still could not find him at 10 a.m.
The dive team was called in at 3 p.m. this afternoon, his body was found in about 10 feet of water. Officers say his family told investigators he could not swim. The investigation is ongoing, but officers say it does not not appear suspicious.