Teenage Boy Cody Riddle Drowns In Boone Lake
More from U.S. Headlines
- Officer to motorist: ‘You made direct eye contact’
- Former FEMA chief Michael Brown: Stop blaming me for Katrina
- Sue's Day Care in Oklahoma investigated, accused of drugging children
- Gunman's family speaks out after journalists slain on live TV
- Father of slain journalist speaks out, takes aim at gun laws in emotional interview
SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. -- A teenager is dead after a camping trip on Boone Lake with friends. It happened on an island near Boone Lake Marina in Sullivan County.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department has released several facts about the investigation. They tell us 14-year-old Cody Riddle from Erwin was camping on the island with friends. He was last seen around 3 a.m. Saturday morning.
Officers tell News 5 his friend's parents first noticed him missing at 6 a.m. and called authorities when they still could not find him at 10 a.m.
The dive team was called in at 3 p.m. this afternoon, his body was found in about 10 feet of water. Officers say his family told investigators he could not swim. The investigation is ongoing, but officers say it does not not appear suspicious.