Teenage Boy Cody Riddle Drowns In Boone Lake
More from U.S. Headlines
- New Jersey High school student slams his teacher onto the floor for taking away his cellphone
- New Hampshire woman Gets $2631 Instead of Food at Burger King Drive-Thru
- Denver woman Shannon Conley who tried to help terrorists receives 4 years
- ‘Get the ghetto out of the store’: McDonald’s sued for firing black employees
- 2 steal iPad and put selfies on owner's iCloud, arrested
SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. -- A teenager is dead after a camping trip on Boone Lake with friends. It happened on an island near Boone Lake Marina in Sullivan County.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department has released several facts about the investigation. They tell us 14-year-old Cody Riddle from Erwin was camping on the island with friends. He was last seen around 3 a.m. Saturday morning.
Officers tell News 5 his friend's parents first noticed him missing at 6 a.m. and called authorities when they still could not find him at 10 a.m.
The dive team was called in at 3 p.m. this afternoon, his body was found in about 10 feet of water. Officers say his family told investigators he could not swim. The investigation is ongoing, but officers say it does not not appear suspicious.